Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

December 17th, 2018 16:00

Cannot install Dell Mobile Connect

I have a Dell Vostro 3578 purchased less than two weeks ago, is has Bluetooth. When I go on the Windows Store on the Dell Mobile Connect page it says that the app is not compatible with my device. How so?

5.6K Posts

December 18th, 2018 06:00

@TheMoltenJack wrote:
I have a Dell Vostro 3578 purchased less than two weeks ago, is has Bluetooth. When I go on the Windows Store on the Dell Mobile Connect page it says that the app is not compatible with my device. How so?

You must have missed the part that said that Dell Mobile Connect is only for laptops purchased January 2018 or later !

• 

25K Posts

December 18th, 2018 09:00

Thanks for reaching out to us on Dell Community. Dell Mobile connect is compatible with Dell Vostro 3578.

I would suggest you to download and install the Dell Mobile Connect Driver using this link: https://dell.to/2POg3Pg

Once the driver is installed please use this link: https://dell.to/2POg4mi to download the Dell Mobile Connect Application.

- Ravi

December 18th, 2018 09:00

I've bought my laptop two weeks ago, that's way later than January 2018...

December 18th, 2018 11:00

I've succesfully installed the driver but the MS store, opened from the link, still tells me that the app is not compatible and my only option is to redeem a code.

• 

25K Posts

December 19th, 2018 09:00

Was this purchased through a retailer or directly from Dell? The reason I ask, if the system was sold to a retailer, it would have a shelf life of 3 months which may be one of the reasons it's incompatible. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Fuzail M) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. 

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

December 19th, 2018 09:00

It can't find the username Dell-Fuzail M, and yes, I bought it from a retailer.

• 

25K Posts

December 19th, 2018 11:00

Seems like the re-seller may have purchased it before January 2018 which could be one of the reason. I'll conform the purchase date once I receive the Service Tag.

Please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell- DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. 

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

1 Message

December 27th, 2018 12:00

I also have the same problem. Just bought a Dell G7 and installed the mobile connect driver but the page on the windows store tells me the app is not compatible with my device. Can I get some help with this?

• 

25K Posts

December 28th, 2018 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you.

NOTE: Dell Mobile Connect is available on Dell consumer (XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, and Alienware) PCs with Bluetooth purchased in January 2018 or later.

So if the system is purchased during this date, I would suggest you uninstall the current one, restart the system and then download and install the Dell Mobile Connect Driver using this link: https://dell.to/2POg3Pg

Once the driver is installed please use this link: https://dell.to/2POg4mi to download the Dell Mobile Connect Application and check.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the Service Tag, registered name & email address.

-Farooq

10 Posts

December 29th, 2018 22:00

Same issue here. I have a XPS 15 9570. I installed the driver first and tried installing "Dell Mobile Connect" through the Windows Store but won't let me and says "Redeem a code".

4 Posts

March 1st, 2019 18:00

2/14/2019 shipped wont install

4 Posts

March 1st, 2019 18:00

same problem my laptop is 2 weeks old bought directly from dell. Service Tag: Express Service Code: shipped 2/14/2019. MS store says not compatible.

March 9th, 2019 05:00

my laptop as well is new and i cant install... ms store is asking for redeem code

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Have you completed all Windows updates?

What is the current BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

March 14th, 2019 22:00

It will not let me either, and my refurbished model was the 2018 model

No Events found!