Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 17:00

Contact Info at Dell

My first Post!  I am having an issue with getting my laptop repaired under warranty.  Was looking for some assistance in getting a good email address/phone number at Dell to voice my complaints.  Here is the issue: 

Ordered and received a Dell Vostro 7590 (from Amazon) on the 18th of April.  I installed a 1TB SSD, downloaded and installed all of the Windows 10 Pro updates and Dell updates, loaded Office and got it set up the way I wanted it.  I then made a complete backup to the 1TB drive.  When finished,  I turned it off for the night.   

The next morning, on the 19th of April I hit the power button to turn it on and it was dead.  No logo screen, nada.  It was now a brick.  I started a Chat session with tech support and after 30 minutes of telling them that it was indeed plugged into the power brick and the power brick was plugged into the wall outlet they agreed it was broke.  

On the 23rd of April I received the repair box from Fedex.

On the 24th of April Fedex picked it up.  It was delivered to Houston repair on the 25th of April.  

On the 27th of April I get an email indicating that the part(s) to repair are not in stock. I call the repair center and they told me that the part should be received by 8 May.  On 12 May I again call and now they tell me that the part should be delivered by the 20th of May. 

I have not heard whether the part was received or not.  My guess is NOT.  The person on the phone in Houston stated that COVID was the problem for the part(s) delay.  

Anyway, they have had my laptop that I paid over $1400.00 for and used for less than 8 hours for almost a month.   If anybody had a good POC to lodge a formal complaint I would appreciate it being forwarded.  I feel I have a right to vent.  Many thanks in advance! 

300 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 18:00

Hello,

Here is what I would do.

1. Document every call and everything you do and get the name and id of the person you talk too.

2. If you used a credit card call the bank and put a hold and tell them you have a dispute.

3. Usually if the say if it is completely broken you will probably get a refurbish computer.

4. Send a certify letter directly to dell and tell them the problem and if you don't get any results you want your full refund back.

One problem I see is that might be is that you got it through amazon not directly threw dell.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 24th, 2020 05:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @RSC_WV 

Has a Dell Rep contacted you by PM yet???

Maybe they will be able to help.

@Jon61 

The only problem I see is:

OP Quote: " I installed a 1TB SSD, downloaded and installed all of the Windows 10 Pro updates and Dell updates, loaded Office and got it set up the way I wanted it."

I am surprised Dell is repairing it under warranty.

Good for Dell.

Best regards,

U2

3 Posts

May 24th, 2020 09:00

Why do you say "good for Dell" for repairing it?  Adding a component to a brand new system does not invalidate a warranty.  If it did, why do their user manuals give instructions on how to upgrade a laptop/PC?  Have to disagree with you on this.  Adding a component has nothing to do with what I suspect is a motherboard failure.  I do not know what is broke as Dell will not tell me what part they are waiting for.  

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 24th, 2020 11:00

@RSC_WV 

Sorry just some sarcasm.

I would have expected Dell to give up a fight.

Its good to see they acknowledged the fact that an upgrade is not always the cause!!!

I would also like to know what component failed and will it be a common failure???

Please keep us informed.

Regards,

U2

3 Posts

May 26th, 2020 10:00

26 May Follow-up

Received a phone call from the Dell repair center in Houston.  They last told me that the repair part(s) would be delivered 20 May.  Today they tell me that the part delivery date is now 19 June.  I reminded them of what they told me that if a system is in their repair center for more than 30 days they will replace it.  I asked for a replacement.  The saga continues.

No Events found!