orhoshkover
1 Copper

Dell Vostro 5568

Hi.

Since I update my laptop to windows (1803) Build my games performance dropped down a lot.

its like the new update is messing around with my gpu (GEFORCE 940MX).

all my drivers are up to date I updated them in from Dell Drivers. I even tried downloading a fresh copy of the new build and download all drivers again and yet the games run badly. I even tried multiply versions of my video card drivers from the newest to the oldest without any change.

I adjusted my game in NVidia panel to performance and my power manger is set for max performance and only the game is opened while I Play and he eats max 25% of the cpu.

I went back to one of the oldest windows version of 1511 because that's the only image version Dell offer.

the games run very well. but I'm really upset I'm stuck on this old version without any security and performance updates I would like to hear an explanation by Dell staff because this situation isn't normal and as a customer I expect you guys to go to the bottom of this thing!

Ty.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Vostro 5568

Hi orhoshkover,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

The Vostro line of machines are primarily designed for business customers, not really a gaming model.  Therefore the games you are playing have not been tested to work with that system.  You may wish to contact the game's manufacturer for support, as they would not be supported by Dell.

With that said, how does the system perform while email, internet, and productivity programs are used?  Did the update interfere with those types of programs?  or just the games?

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Slow Performance Issues

Dell Vostro 15 (5568) Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

Dell will provide you with the OS that was installed at the time of purchase.  It contained the security and updates that were applicable at that time.  Further updates are available from Microsoft.

Get online Support for the Windows version installed on your Dell device. 

Upgrade and Updates

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

Note: 3rd party links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Dell of the content, products, or services offered there.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos