Yes @michaelmorton , it is quite disappointing they have no idea what the issue is since it is clear that many people have it.
So far the only response I got was to ask me to update the BIOS, because the new motherboard came with an old version. This is really frustrating as it clearly did not solve the issue the first time so it is obvious it will have no effect now.
My guess is that they will try to replace the battery and see what happens. I still believe this is some design flaw though...
Sure this is a design flaw though ... many Dell notebooks have this problem ... Inspiron / Vostro.
This is no standalone problem for the Vostro 5490 ... I know, because we have a lot of different Dell notebooks ...
So they installed a new motherboard and they did not update the BIOS? Amateurish, no?
I agree @gleva86, if that may be the source for the problem then they should add this important step to the service request.
The fun part is having to go through all the previous steps again even though nothing that was suggested made any difference before.
I'm still waiting on their feedback after I sent some extra information they requested.
Hi RafaelD, our product group team has confirmed there will be some electrical noise from the system & the noise level is within the spec. Kindly try to delete the IDPTF driver from Device manager (delete driver) & update from the Support site followed by a BIOS update again. Check if that helps.^PC
I would require some more information from you. Please follow the below steps and private message us the below details so that we can forward this further and advise you accordingly further.
1. Please download the collect_log.cmd file from https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnquJC78YNAZiiJ-5qa2uab1AU4G?e=NH619s
2. Run the collect_log.cmd file and specify a file name as logs.txt and press enter so that all the necessary system logs can be collected.
3. Once all the logs are collected by the cmd file and saved on desktop for you. Please send it to us via private message.
4. Please collect HWInfo sensor logs specifically when the noise is heard. The steps on how to collect the logs can be found online at https://dell.to/368oRrq.
I am following up to keep you informed that our team is still investigating the issue based on the requested information that you provided us. I shall reach out to us as soon as I get further update.
Good Day Michael,
I am following up with you for the noise issue reported on your Vostro system. I have left you a private message with some additional information. Do reply to me so that we can assist you further.
I have that same problem too.
- BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.0, 25/11/2019
- All tests passed and there is no temperature report whatsoever.
- Intel Thermal Subsytem - 02F9 Driver version 10.1.27.2
- There's been sound since the laptop came out of the box.
Hi everyone i just bought 5490 a week ago and i am facing the same issue and its annoying, i want to ask you that all of you using the i7 version or the i5? Mine is i7 version if the all of you guys using i7, issue is probably about this models and i will ask about a change to the i5.