Highlighted

My Dell Vostro is not booting into Win 10 upon start

My Dell Vostro is not booting into Win 10 upon starting the laptop, (it came with a Win 8.1 CD)

I ran a diagnostics and it didn't recognize a Bootable device, Hard drive not found?

Now after going to BIOS F2, I changed the boot order (Default is Legacy) while keeping it secure,
then figured I can use the Dell smart assist, I have it rebooting into

DELL SECURITY MANAGER 

it's asking me for the password of Internal HDD-0 Vostro 3558,

How can I find the password although I never set one, I have it since 2015, and never had an admin pass, besides I entered BIOS looking into any set password and found no password set! 

What should I do?!!!

PLEASE HELP I haven't back up my data and this just happened after the electricity shut off due to power cut error, kindly help asap, all needed screenshots and information are available.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

Re: My Dell Vostro is not booting into Win 10 upon start

@Dell Vostro 3558 sum15 wrote:

My Dell Vostro is not booting into Win 10 upon starting the laptop, (it came with a Win 8.1 CD)

I ran a diagnostics and it didn't recognize a Bootable device, Hard drive not found?

Now after going to BIOS F2, I changed the boot order (Default is Legacy) while keeping it secure,
then figured I can use the Dell smart assist, I have it rebooting into

DELL SECURITY MANAGER 

it's asking me for the password of Internal HDD-0 Vostro 3558,

How can I find the password although I never set one, I have it since 2015, and never had an admin pass, besides I entered BIOS looking into any set password and found no password set! 

What should I do?!!!

PLEASE HELP I haven't back up my data and this just happened after the electricity shut off due to power cut error, kindly help asap, all needed screenshots and information are available.

Why Secure Boot?

What do you do things you don't understand?

You most likely have a failed hard drive!

Well I was trying to see if it's resolvable, it all happened because of external electricity failure? What can I do now? Isn't the secure Boot better for protecting data?!!!
0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

@Dell Vostro 3558 sum15 wrote:
Well I was trying to see if it's resolvable, it all happened because of external electricity failure? What can I do now? Isn't the secure Boot better for protecting data?!!!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-secure-boot

if you have a failed hard drive, it isn't "resolvable".

Run Dell Diagnostics.

0 Kudos