Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

6 Posts

January 12th, 2022 18:00

No, NOT solved: "Solved! Re: Vostro 7510 - BSOD after going into 'sleep'"

DELL-Chris M added a low-quality solution to this discussion and then locked it from further replies. Basically, just re-install a driver. That DOES NOT solve anything. As I stated in my post, I had already installed that driver and it was the same driver version previously on my system. 

There is an issue with the fingerprint sensor. There are many other posts describing similar experiences, just search for Goodix or go here: Solved: XPS 17 9700 crashes when sleeping - Googix fingerprint to blame? - Dell Community

In my case, after the system is in Sleep mode for a while the fingerprint sensor gets entirely disabled and is not available as a login option. Must use PIN instead. The following entries are in the System Event Viewer: 

[Event ID 10111, Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Level: Critical] The device Goodix Moc Fingerprint (location Port_#0009.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

followed by:

[Event ID 7034, Source: Service Control Manager, Level: Error] The Windows Biometric Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

I have a Vostro 7510 running Windows 11 Pro (OS build 22000.434).

January 15th, 2022 01:00

For the 3rd or 4th day in a row, after leaving the computer alone for a few hours, it is not possible to use the fingerprint reader to log in to Windows. PIN only. As mentioned earlier, Windows appears to be fighting against the Goodix Fingerprint Driver.

[Event ID: 10112, Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Level: Critical] The device Goodix Moc Fingerprint (location Port_#0009.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode device crash.  Windows will no longer attempt to restart this device because the maximum restart limit has been reached.  Disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, or disabling it and re-enabling it from the device manager, will reset this limit and allow the device to be accessed again.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

NotTroyAikman_0-1642239382281.png

NotTroyAikman_1-1642239394217.png

NotTroyAikman_2-1642239633977.png

• 

25.1K Posts

January 18th, 2022 13:00

Hi There, 
We see that you had contacted us recently regarding issues with your computer, and our experts have been waiting for your confirmation on the outcome of the suggested steps/ provide the requested details, this service ticket is currently in-progress. Please reply to this message, so we can keep you posted with further updates on the service status.
Regards,
Paventhan M

January 21st, 2022 17:00

Yes, I have replied to the service ticket. However I believe it would serve the community if a solution (if we find one) is detailed publicly in the forums, so somebody else with the same problem can (hopefully) see the solution.

1 Message

June 16th, 2022 06:00

Was this ever solved? I'm getting the same issue, where, after sleep, the fingerprint scanner is no longer operational. If I reset it in the BIOS (ie. disable, enable) or in Device Manager, the device becomes operational again. Hopefully there's an update...

December 7th, 2022 05:00

I'm having exactly the same issue with my new Dell Inspiron 14 Plus.

The event viewer in Windows tell me this:

The device Goodix MOC Fingerprint (location Port_#0005.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

When I uninstall the Goodix fingerprint scanner via Device Manager, it works until I let it sleep again.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. My gut feeling tells me it has something to do with the 'Modern Standby' sleep mode, but I can't prove that.

A work-around would be to use Hibernation instead of Sleep, but the former is obviously rather slow.

January 20th, 2023 12:00

I have the same issue on my Dell Vostro 15 7510. Updated the drivers as well as the 'Dell Update' software to no avail. Can only temporarily fix via disabling and enabling the device in 'Device Manager', which then breaks the following time my PC goes to sleep.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2023 08:00

I also have this problem on my Inspiron 7420. Dell support tried a few things (reinstalling the driver) and suggested next stop is to reinstall Windows. I'm not prepared to do that with no confidence it will fix the issue.

What is most frustrating is that it sounded like they thought this was the first time this problem had come up. Clearly zero knowledge management in Dell, a basic thing for a support organisation to have.

June 29th, 2023 02:00

I'm experiencing this issue for almost a year now on my Dell Inspiron 14 Plus 7420.

The fingerprint scanner works until it goes into sleep. Then I can login only via PIN and when I check Device Manager I see this nice 'Warning' symbol next to Goodix MOC Fingerprint with the same message as the topic starter described.

I'm running an up-to-date Windows 11 install with the latest Dell drivers.

Yes, it works again after doing an uninstall from Device Manager, but its temporary and rather tedious.

No Events found!