Vostro

Last reply by 06-16-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No, NOT solved: "Solved! Re: Vostro 7510 - BSOD after going into 'sleep'"

DELL-Chris M added a low-quality solution to this discussion and then locked it from further replies. Basically, just re-install a driver. That DOES NOT solve anything. As I stated in my post, I had already installed that driver and it was the same driver version previously on my system. 

There is an issue with the fingerprint sensor. There are many other posts describing similar experiences, just search for Goodix or go here: Solved: XPS 17 9700 crashes when sleeping - Googix fingerprint to blame? - Dell Community

In my case, after the system is in Sleep mode for a while the fingerprint sensor gets entirely disabled and is not available as a login option. Must use PIN instead. The following entries are in the System Event Viewer: 

[Event ID 10111, Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Level: Critical] The device Goodix Moc Fingerprint (location Port_#0009.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

followed by:

[Event ID 7034, Source: Service Control Manager, Level: Error] The Windows Biometric Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

I have a Vostro 7510 running Windows 11 Pro (OS build 22000.434).

Replies (4)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

For the 3rd or 4th day in a row, after leaving the computer alone for a few hours, it is not possible to use the fingerprint reader to log in to Windows. PIN only. As mentioned earlier, Windows appears to be fighting against the Goodix Fingerprint Driver.

[Event ID: 10112, Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Level: Critical] The device Goodix Moc Fingerprint (location Port_#0009.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode device crash.  Windows will no longer attempt to restart this device because the maximum restart limit has been reached.  Disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, or disabling it and re-enabling it from the device manager, will reset this limit and allow the device to be accessed again.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

NotTroyAikman_0-1642239382281.png

NotTroyAikman_1-1642239394217.png

NotTroyAikman_2-1642239633977.png

Hi There, 
We see that you had contacted us recently regarding issues with your computer, and our experts have been waiting for your confirmation on the outcome of the suggested steps/ provide the requested details, this service ticket is currently in-progress. Please reply to this message, so we can keep you posted with further updates on the service status.
Regards,
Paventhan M

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Yes, I have replied to the service ticket. However I believe it would serve the community if a solution (if we find one) is detailed publicly in the forums, so somebody else with the same problem can (hopefully) see the solution.

Was this ever solved? I'm getting the same issue, where, after sleep, the fingerprint scanner is no longer operational. If I reset it in the BIOS (ie. disable, enable) or in Device Manager, the device becomes operational again. Hopefully there's an update...

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor