Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2019 00:00

Stolen order

On Monday May 6th I ordered a laptop to dell.es (Spain)

Yesterday, Friday the 10th I stayed at home (delivery address) since when I talked to the Dell service they toll me it will arrive.

Around 18.00 the status was "sent" but not "delivered". Around 20.00 it changed to "delivered". It is not true. I was at home (delivery address I paid to be sent at my home). So, the order was STOLEN.

Awful, but possible. I cannot understand (nor accept) that DELL says the order has been deliverd when it is not true (I am sure there is no paper signed, no record, nothing... nobody came to my home between 18.00 and 20.00 (not previously not later), but I imagine that is part of the trick of the thieves.

I know that a robbery is a very serious issue and I do not want to be blamed for not communicated it to DELL as soon as I knew of it. So, I send a message to the the service of dell.es but they reply saying they do not read it till Monday. The phone service (high cost, by the way) is also off-service on weekends.

Since this is a very important question and I am really worried, I contacted with the US chat service (for US clients there is chat, and service 24/7... what a pity DELL does not treat Spaniards in the same way!) but they told me they cannot do anything with orders from Spain. Not even send a message to the Spanish branch to inform that I have communicated that DELL has been robbed as soon as I noticed it.

If there is any DELL agent over here, please contact me in order to give you all the details of the order that DELL system has registered as delivered, although it is not.

(The email address to register in the community and my user name are not the same as the ones of my order).

Thanks for your attention and sorry if I am too long, but I am very worried.

P.S. The tracking system of the Courier is useless. The link they sent me works only in Dutch (I am in Spain, I cannot underestand Dutch, the delivery address is in Spain, so...). If I try to change to the English version of the web, it requests some codes that I do not have (my client number does not work).

May 14th, 2019 06:00

As I promised, I report how everything has finished.

Along the day, I checked the link for tracking the delivery ... and it remained being in Dutch.

Finally, they have brought my new device to my delivery address. I had to sign in a device of the courier (as usual), and I have it!

I wrote to the agent which was in charge of my case reporting that it has arrived. Even that, she phoned me in order to check that everything had gone right.

So, the issue is over. I wish that nobody has to suffer this again.

Anyway, I complain (and warn future customers) that:

1. Dell accepts, and indicates in its web that an order has been delivered, when it is not true
  2. Lacks the minimum service on weekends
  3. Lacks a chat service, a freephone or a normal-fee phone number in many regions
  4. Even if you are have done everything in a language (Spanish in my case), live in that country, bought in the website of that country in that language, have a delivery and invoicing address in that country... they can provide the tracking system in another uncommmon language
  5. They take 8 days to deliver an standard device

At least, the agent that attended me, was kind and efficient (thanks Nadia).

I do not wish to anybody to suffer this nightmare when buying to Dell, but take into account how (horrible) the sales service of Dell is.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 11th, 2019 06:00

I would suggest that you repost this in the Customer Care forum. Also Dell does not deliver but uses services such as Fedex or DHS or Purolator or UPS to deliver their products. Have you contacted the courier service as of yet?

May 11th, 2019 07:00

Thanks a lot for your answer JOcean.

I know they have used UPS in this case. But the link for tracking is for UPS in Holland, everything written in Dutch and contact phones in Holland. I cannot speak Dutch. Even that, I think they will answer me that they are not involved in delivery in Spain, since they are in Holland.

Anyway, Dell has no right to say I have received the order, when I have not. Nobody came to my home (delivery address), no paper has been signed, ....

And I am seriously worried, since I cannot contact with Dell (the provide service till Fridays at 17.00 and later till Monday). I doubt that Dell  will say I have not informed them at time, so I am an accomplice or it is my responsibility or anyother thing that excludes them.

Any suggestion?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

I don't understand the Spanish-Dutch problem. Why (and how) would a Dutch courier deliver to Spain? Check your previous addresses since delivery is normally made to the address on the payment account. This does sound like a delivery mix up. The courier-delivery service is the one that verifies delivery, not Dell. 

If it is a theft--Contact local law enforcement and the delivery company to report the theft and keep copies of the police report. Report it to your credit card company and/or your bank. 

Thanks a lot Mary G. for your answer.

I have never lived in Holland, never ordered anything in/to/from Holland, never had a Holland invoice or payment address..  7-8 years ago I travelled to Holland for tourism but that is a different story.

If the courier says I have received the order (and it is not true), what can I do? Even if I could call to the Courier in Holland and use a translator... what for?

To go to the police station is an alternative, but I am sure they are going to say me whether I had the equipment and how it was stolen from me. And I have never have it (not even seen it).

An (unfriendly) option is to report to the police (or to the court) that Dell is charging me an ítem they have not delivered and to start all the legal process, collecting evidences and so on. I do prefer a  friendly step (at first, at least) and contact with Dell. I want to prove that I am reporting Dell as soon as I knew the theft, that I am not accomplice of the crime and that, first of all, my best will is moving me.

Whoever is responsable of this (if Dell website says Dell has delivered my order, is not Dell the responsible of what Dell website says?) is not something I must uncover. I am just following all the steps that the Dell website establishes...

Worst of all is that since yesterday till Monday there is nobody in the client service for Spanish customers. I chatted with the service in the US but they cannot access to orders in Spain. So, more than 2 days till I can contact with anyone and I am scared if they  tell me that I have not reported on time.

I am really worried by all of this. This was my third Dell laptop and it seems I am living a nighmare. My previous one arrived in less that 48 hours, but it is known that the client service has worsened a lot in Spain in the last years.

If you have any further suggestion, I will appreciate very very much.

May 13th, 2019 01:00

Since I opened this topic, I want to report what has happened in order that nobody in the future gets a partial or biased.

Today, Monday, I  called to the Client Service of Dell in Spain. (There is no phone service on weekends, nor chat at any time). Nobody had called me before I did and the phone number is not a free phone not even a regular one, but .. After talking for a while, I asked the agent to call me back and she did. So, ... bad for the Dell system, good for the agent.

The woman that attended me was really kind. (Thanks Nadia!). She said that the courier firm (UPS) had told Dell that they came to my home but I was not, and that the order was in one of the UPS whorehouses.  Dell registers and considers that the order has been delivered with just that information.

I cannot understand why Dell accepts that something has been delivered when it was not. "Deliver" means to put something in the hands of the client (or whoever the client has authorised), no other thing. Why does Dell do that? It is only a source of problems for them and their clients. Again, bad service from Dell.

I did not discuss to the agent about the information in Dutch. For me, the most important thing was to have clear that they have not delivered the order, whatever the Dell website says. If it has disappeared it was a theft to Dell, not that I have made the parcel dissappear or that I am lying.  Once it seemed that Dell recognizes that they have not delivered and then it was not stolen, I overcame that question. It is just bad service, but it was not my unrest.

She told me that tomorrow (Tuesday) someone will come again to my home with the order. Let's hope it is true.

Anyway I promise to report here what is happening.

Now, I am more calmed, but I do not wish to anyone the weekend I have suffered.

No Events found!