2 Bronze

Support Assist stuck at 0% on Scan Hardware

Model: Vostro 5471

SupportAssist version: 3.4.5.366

Issue: The Dell Support Assist is stuck at 0% on Scan Hardware, already did what I can search but nothing fixes the issue...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
5 Rhenium

Re: Support Assist stuck at 0% on Scan Hardware

Don't use it.

I never use it.

I update drivers when I go to Dell.com and see if there is a newer one.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

The clean uninstall via https://dell.to/2J8pNTT did the trick, the Open a Support Request and Start Dell RemoteAssist Session now appears on the Get Support tab, also the Scan Hardware is now scanning past 0%. However the guide itself is super-outdated as I have no PC Doctor and Dell Data Vault on my Vostro and OptiPlex, also no registry found via regedit, I cannot uninstall the Dell SupportAssist Remediation as it is the Recovery drive (SupportAssist OS Recovery) of my Vostro.

1 Copper

Same here running SupportAssist 3.4.5. After running for over 10 mins and still stuck at 0%, I aborted. Saw on another post about MalwareBytes causing similar issues but I don't have this, only the McAfe LiveSafe that came preinstalled with the laptop.

Had no problems before this version. Sincerely hope Dell will fix this soon. 

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

You need to follow the guide but you can ignore the others as specified on my last reply.

The error occurred when the previous version was before SupportAssist version: 3.4.5.366. So you need to delete and clean unistall the SupportAssist to be able to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

I had this issue too, and don't have MalwareBytes (do have McAfee but I think that's a red herring - turning off real time scanning made no difference). I contacted Dell support and they did a remote uninstall/ reinstall of SupportAssist for me which seems to have done the trick. It's a bit fiddly, with regedits and suchlike, so go carefully! This link takes you to a checklist from another forum on the issue:

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/Installation-of-SupportAssist-does-not-end/m-p/...

0 Kudos