Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

April 13th, 2020 15:00

The battery is reaching the end of its usable life

Hi All,

I hope you all are doing well in this quarantine. I am using DELL VOSTRO 14 3468. It was running perfectly before I put it on charge and then came back after 1 hr. The battery LED light is flickering orange. and When I start it. It automatically started on AC. However, the battery shows 55%(plugged, but not charging). It is running perfectly on AC.
I have read a lot of blogs and tried the following things to resolve the issue but nothing worked:

1. Updated BIOS.

2. Re-installed battery driver

3. Checked Battery health and it is showing I think 65% and current flow 0 mA.

4. I have tried to remove the battery for a while and then plugging in but nothing really worked.

5. I tried to contact DELL SUPPORT to using ERROR CODE but it is showing "I am sorry we appear to have an issue. Please wait for a moment and try later". I have been trying for the last 2 hours but it showing me the same error.

Now I want to ask:

1. How to contact DELL SUPPORT?Capture.PNG

2. What should I do, except buying a new battery? Because I am in the lockdown and I really need my laptop for my online classes.

3. Is it okay to use on AC? Does this cause any damage to Laptop?

Thanks a lot. 
Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Fida

1 Message

May 17th, 2020 00:00

Me too! Now I can't repared it. Huhu  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 17th, 2020 08:00

Hi 007spyvn

If you haven't done so yet, reseat the battery to see if it will make any difference.

1. Power off computer. Remove AC adapter, battery.

2. Press 'Power On' button for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power.

3. Replace battery, power on system, hopefully there's no more error code and computer work normally on battery power.

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln292953/how-to-troubleshoot-dell-laptop-battery-issues?lang=en

If the above step doesn't fix the battery error code then it's time to purchase a new genuine Dell battery. Please keep in mind, all rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade.

Typical user - noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months.

Power user - reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months.

You can check for replacement battery for your Dell laptop in link below:

Battery & Adapter Selector

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/partsbytype/batteryselector

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 18th, 2020 07:00

007spyvn

Any updates ? You started your search for a new battery?

1 Message

May 24th, 2020 13:00

I have just resolve such problem with machine dell inspiron 15

the problem was flextion of a short ( 3mm) pen at the end of the cylenderical hollow socket ( femall part ) of the charger which go throw the laptop socket ( male)

try to repair the pen to be at strait upright opsition using a fine tool gently
later to stop the error message chose one of the following :
1 -.unistall the drive of the the charger and install a new one
2 - clean the registry file using C cleaner program
3 -install a new opreating system

June 8th, 2020 04:00

Hi, I have DELL Latitude 3550

Just received new original DELL battery (the old one was able to keep charge about 40-45 min only)

Replaced the battery - and get the same issue like topic starter.

I tried to go through the same steps - no result.

1 Rookie

• 

59 Posts

September 26th, 2020 03:00

Try opening BIOS & load default settings.

Navigate to Power- And ensure battery charging mode is set to STANDARD.

Now see if it would charge.

Also note down the LED blink codes.

The red/AMBER-WHITE codes- in which order they flash, how many times a particular colour appears indicates the failure.

eg: 2 amber 7 white blinks indicates LCD failure for new Vostro laptops

No Events found!