Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2020 13:00

Upgraded my Vostro 1540, Can't boot windows 10, Screen goes Black.

Hi, 

Recently, My laptop stopped working, After a diagnosis from bios, It says my hard drive got crashed. So, I upgraded my laptop with an SSD and 8GB ram. 

Now I am trying to boot windows 10, but it didn't start. After the DELL logo, Screen goes black no response and after a while some white doted 3 triangles appear on top and a line middle of the screen and after pressing any button it restarts the system. 

I ran another diagnosis after upgrading, But it says everything is good. What should I Do make it work? 

Any kind of advice is highly appreciated, Thanks in advance. 

5.6K Posts

May 20th, 2020 16:00

You should have done a clean installation of Windows 10 on the SSD.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 21st, 2020 02:00

That system is a 2011 model, it might not support a UEFI Boot.

What installation media did you use? Windows 10 Version 2004 or Windows 10 Version 1909? Did you make the Bootable USB with Rufus? If so try and make it for the MBR Partition Scheme and the FAT32 file system.

May 20th, 2020 22:00

It is the main issue,

For clean windows 10 install, my laptop should at least boot the USB drive. when I turn on my laptop with USB Drive (containing windows 10 files), after DELL logo screen won't respond and dotted rectangles appear on top with a dotted line in the middle of the screen.

Let me know if you need any other info, understand the problem. 
Thanks in Advance. 

@nyc10036 

May 21st, 2020 03:00

I'm currently using USB as my installation media. 

I'm trying to install "Windows 10 Pro en-US v1909 x64 BiT".

Yes, I make my USB bootable with Rufus.

As per your advice, I tried the MBR partition scheme, but the file system set to NTFS and I can't change it to FAT32. 
So I boot my USB with these setting MBR partition scheme and NTFS file system.

It worked, my laptop started booting windows from USB. 

Thanks Dr @Philip_Yip  

1 Message

April 30th, 2021 11:00

This problem happened becuse there no display driver supported in win10..you can go to safe mode and you will can enter the windows ..go to device manager and disable the display adapter..it will work fone..

No Events found!