Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

June 6th, 2020 07:00

Vostro 3578 issue

I was working on my laptop suddenly screen started flickering with pixelated screen for 15-20 second and then it turn black after that it is not showing anything .

When restarting with power button it shows 2 amber and 4 white light in the charging led sequentially.

As it is out of warranty period can you help me with guidelines how to resolve this issue and what are the possible cost of repairs .

Specs- 

Dell vostro 15 3000 

Model - 3578 

RAM - 8 GB

Processor - intel i5 8th gen 

Os - windows 10 

Graphics card - AMD radeon 520 (2 GB) 

Storage - 1 tb

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 6th, 2020 07:00

This is a memory failure.   Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the main battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then remove and reinstall the memory module(s) and reconnect the battery and power up.  If that solves the problem, you're set.

If not, and you have two modules, try each module one at a time in each socket until you isolate the bad module -- or if neither module works in just one of the two sockets, the bad socket.  Replace the faulty module or the mainboard in the latter case, accordingly.

4 Posts

June 15th, 2020 01:00

Hi @ejn63

Thanks for replying but it's not working this way I went to a local technician he said that motherboard is needed to be replaced because it has some issues.

As my warranty expired already Dell support is not answering my call to get a Dell technician can you help me with what are the possible cost of replacing motherboard.

And how to get a technician visit to check on it.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 15th, 2020 03:00

You'll need to call your Dell out of warranty number for a repair estimate - there's a charge for such a call, which is credited toward the repair if you go ahead with it.

You're likely to find a board will run at least a couple of hundred dollars depending on the CPU you have, plus an hour's labor charge.

No Events found!