Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

June 20th, 2020 09:00

Vostro 5490 headphones problem

Hello Everyone,

Recently I purchase a Dell Vostro 5490 and bumped into headphone issue. I plug in headphones and nothing happens, speakers continues to work. But if i reboot laptop with plugged in headphones it's works ok. I have tryed reinstall realtek drivers from Dell website but problem remains. Also I read a lot about Maxx Audio but there isn't one at startup options or windows tray. It's quite strange but headphones works properly in safe mode... however i couldn't find any realtions in device manager or windows services.  Maybe someone solved this trouble? Thanks.

1 Message

October 16th, 2020 22:00

Hi

i am also facing this problem but after the searching me find the solution.you just go to the vosto 5490 website and download the Dell Update and Realtek Driver and install in it.

300 Posts

October 18th, 2020 09:00

Hello,

" i am also facing this problem but after the searching me find the solution.you just go to the vosto 5490 website and download the Dell Update and Realtek Driver and install in it."

You provided incorrect information there is no such website as vosto 5490 website and you can not d/l dell update.

What you need to do is go to start>dell update then d/l the drivers or you can go to the dell website 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

and type drivers in the search and d/l the drivers

Thanks

29 Posts

December 10th, 2020 07:00

Think the headphone jack got 2 purposes....one for headphone/earbud, the other one for microphone. That is one reason why nothing happened when u plug-in headphone. 

There will be an icon pop-up on the task bar after u had plugged in, click on it then a small window pop-up on the top left corner of the screen to let u choose what u had plugged in. Select an option n click OK.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!