Anton2802
1 Copper

Vostro V131 black screen after BIOS update

MY Dell laptop is not turning on after a BIOS update the screen is not turning on not even with an extrnal one I tried to get the Battery out the CMOS Battery and nothing the lapto pis not showing anything on the screen heres a Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCJL2RquiMo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vostro V131 black screen after BIOS update

Hi Anton2802,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

From your video, it sounds like your computer is beeping two times.  According to the Owners Manual 2 beeps indicate that the RAM is not detected.  Unfortunately this can be from a couple of reasons.  Please try reseating the RAM modules, and if that doesn't work, try replacing them one at a time to see if it will boot.  If you have some compatible RAM available, you may wish to try that too.

If reseating or replacing the RAM does not work then there may be a motherboard issue. Try turning off the laptop, disconnecting it from the ac power, and removing the main battery.  Hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then replace the battery and the ac adapter.  Press the on button, then immediately start tapping F12 to see if you can boot into diagnostics mode.  If you can, then run the system diagnostics.

If you are still unable to get a response when you power it back up again, then there may be a motherboard issue.  If you still have warranty in effect, you may be able to have the board replaced under warranty.  If you don't have any warranty left, then you can contact Dell Out of Warranty Services for an estimate of repairs, or you could take it to a local repair shop, or you could try replacing it yourself.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
mosije
1 Copper

Re: Vostro V131 black screen after BIOS update

If you are still unable to get a response when you power it back up again, then there may be a motherboard issue.

My signature:
<Signature removed>

0 Kudos