Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2015 02:00

Adding Windows SDC to a Linux SDS cluster

Hi,

I'm trying to add a Windows SDC to an existing SDS cluster installed on CentOS. I installed the LIA and SDC MSI-packages, then added the SDC through add_sdc. But the SDC stays in "disconnected" mode.

I also tried some settings with drv_cfg (entering MDM IPs, generating GUID) - no success.

What are the correct steps to a SDC manually?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Joern

4 Posts

December 10th, 2015 00:00

Ok, I found out that I don't have to use add_sdc from the master mdm. So I deleted it.

Then I run:

C:\Program Files\EMC\scaleio\sdc\bin>drv_cfg.exe --add_mdm --ip 10.41.172.42

Calling kernel module to connect to MDM (10.41.172.42)

Then the SDC should show up in the query_all_sdc list, correct?

Still not there. :-(

34 Posts

December 11th, 2015 16:00

Hello, just for due diligence, did you either turn off the firewall on the windows system or add the open ports required for ScaleIO to the firewall first? You can get the port list from the users guide for the version of ScaleIO you are using.

Once that is done you can then from the MDM log in and at the SCLI us the following command to add your windows system to the ScaleIO cluster.

scli --add_sdc --sdc_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --sdc_name (Your SDC name)

This allows you to add the MDM definition to an SDC (usually to add the SDC to an additional ScaleIO system)

4 Posts

December 14th, 2015 00:00

Thanks for the reply. Problem was that the Linux SDS nodes had a wrong netmask (/32) and so sent all traffic to the firewall. After fixing this I can connect now with Windows and vSphere SDCs - and the throughput is much higher now. ;-)

No Events found!