Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2018 00:00

How to properly remove SDC device /dev/sciniX in SDC Linux host?

Supposing that I have successfully mapped a volume to SDC Linux host and SDC device /dev/scinia can be listed in Linux host as below:

# ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/ |grep scini

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 12 Jan 25 16:37 emc-vol-189d8c9c1f41f458-a7b0341500000001 -> ../../scinia

If this SDC device is no longer in use by SDC Linux host anymore, how do I properly remove this SDC device /dev/scinia in host level before I unmap it in ScaleIO?

Thanks for help.

31 Posts

February 6th, 2018 19:00

Unmap the volume from the SDC linux host using the 'scli --unmap_volume_from_sdc' command and remove the SDC from the SIO config  using 'scli --remove_sdc' - see the EMC ScaleIO CLI Reference Guide for info on both of these commands. You can find the guide at https://support.emc.com/products/33925_ScaleIO-Software/Documentation/. Remove the logical device from the OS - see your linux guide. Remove the SDC driver from the OS.

31 Posts

February 7th, 2018 16:00

G'day  lkc, I thought about this last night and concluded that there is a cleaner way to do it...

• if the volume is mounted, unmount it.
  • remove it from the OS's view of the world
  • remove the SDC driver from the OS
  • unmap the volume it from this SDC host
  • remove the SDC host from  the ScaleIO config

2 Posts

February 9th, 2018 01:00

Hi Matthews,

Thanks for your reply.

My question is how to remove it from OS Linux, it seems that the removal method is quite different from removing /dev/sda for example that we always do in OS level.

Would you please suggest a command/method to remove /dev/scinia in Linux platform before I unmap it in ScaleIO?

Many thanks.

No Events found!