I am attempting to install version 2.0 and need to use the manual install because deployment via gateway server requires the administrator password. I cannot set the login to use and if I could I have a domain admin account which could install the software. But that is another topic for later.....
I have installed MDM, SDC, SDS and LIA on my servers. I am on step 2 (Creating the MDM Cluster) in the manual install section. It notes to use the scli command to create the cluster but there is not an scli command in the folders. I have even done a find and nothing. There is a cli command but the options do not work.
1. Can you copy-paste the exact installation commands you used to install the MDM+SDS+LIA+SDC?
2. Are all the needed ports (for MDM/SDS/LIA) open in your firewall? see complete pre-requisite table in page 16 of Deployment guide.
3. Do you have OpenSSL 1.0.1 or higher installed on your servers (part of the pre-requisites) ?
4. Did you used the MDM_ROLE_IS_MANAGER=1 / 0 , as explained in the Manual deployment section?
1. In the v2 Deployment Guide starting on page 140, 3 node cluster Windows.
- On MDM1 and MDM2 msiexec /i EMC-ScaleIO_mdm_2.0.msi MDM_ROLE_IS_MANAGER=1
- On TB1 msiexec /i xxxx_mdm_2.0.msi MDM_ROLE_IS_MANAGER=0
2. Installed SDS running the SDS msi file on MDM1,MDM2,TB1
3. SDC - The doc is incorrect under Windows. For SDC manual install it shows <sdc_path.msi> but on the example it list the mdm msi file. I used the following:
- MDM1, MDM2, TB1 - msiexec /i EMC-scaleIO-sdc-2.0.msi MDM_IP=MDM1-IP,MDM2-IP
No firewalls are in front of these servers.
OpenSSL - Only required for secure authentication mode. I did go ahead and install.
I still do not see a scli command.