Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2016 00:00

Open Stack & other Questions

Hello All ,

Please help me with the below listed questions :

1) The open Stack ( Liberty release ) Documentation has the below listed line : 

sio_round_volume_capacity = True

(BoolOpt) Whether to round volume capacity.

Does this mean that changing the parameter from true to false allows me to create volumes  which are not in multiples of 8 G.

2) Can I set a Host logical Unit Value to a ScaleIO Volume ?

May 31st, 2016 05:00

Hi,

As for your 1st Question:

True, gives you the option to create via OpenStack any volume size, but in scaleio it will be rounded multiple 8 (e.g – you created a 1GB volume via OpenStack, in the scaleio it will be created as 8GB volume. If you attach volume to instance you will see 8G). If you use the 'False' flag, it means that you will be able to create only volumes with multiple of 8GB via OpenStack (e.g. – if you create a 1GB volume via OpenStack, you will see an ERROR, if you will create an 8GB volume, it will be Available). The default value for this parameter is 'TRUE'.

As for your 2nd Question:

What exactly is the use case for which you need the Host logical unit?

11 Posts

May 31st, 2016 23:00

Hi tomer,

Thanks a ton for the reply .

The Host logical Unit ( HLU ) would be needed in an environment where we share Volumes across Host , clustering being  an example . Vmware does look at HLU being consistent across Host ( Though it can be forced to just look at the unique ID )

No Events found!