Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2016 00:00

SDC IP address incorrect

Hi

I have two hosts that are showing in the scaleio gui with the incorrect SDC IP address - they are showing as connected and are functioning fine. THese hosts were using the incorrect IP address in the past but i changed it and then installed scaleio on these but the gui is still showing the incorrect IP instead of the new one

I am concerned that if i boot these hosts then the sdc will go disconnected ?

# scli --query_all_sdc

shows the two hosts with state connected but the old ip address  , is this a problem ?

73 Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

Hi all,

The SDC IP address is not the identifier that the ScaleIO cluster will use to communicate to SDCs. Instead it uses the GUID. The IP address is only loosely coupled to the SDC itself. When you change the IP address on the SDC host, it won't update the entry in the cluster itself. All it's looking at is the GUID, and then will talk to the IP address that is using that GUID.

If an SDC has 2 or more IP addresses, you will notice that it only shows one of them in the "query_all_sdc" output.

It is a cosmetic issue at this point and won't affect the connectivity after a reboot. The SDC will check it's configuration on boot, the MDM IPs and the GUID, then will connect using that info. It won't stop it from connecting on a reboot.

306 Posts

November 14th, 2016 01:00

Hi Mick,

Try to change the MDM ownership to the secondary MDM and then back to the old primary - basically, MDM will show the first IP address of the SDC that it used to connect to the cluster, so it's possible it's still showing up with the old IP.

If you can see volumes on your SDC and drv_cfg --query_mdms show correct IP addresses you should be just fine.

Thanks,

Pawel

November 14th, 2016 05:00

Hi Mick,

This command can be run from the SDC.

Best regards,

Mark

23 Posts

November 14th, 2016 05:00

where do i run this command from ?

drv_cfg --query_mdms

23 Posts

November 14th, 2016 06:00

you mean the esxi host ?

drv_cfg: not found

23 Posts

November 14th, 2016 07:00

run from where ?

the sds and esxi client dont have this path

11 Posts

To see what MDM IP's are currently configure you can run the following on the sdc's and make sure the proper MDM IP's are there. Note this takes effect in esxi after you initially set and reboot the esxi server after configuration. If this is changed a reboot will need to occur again to set the parameters into the kernel.

" esxcli system module parameters list -m scini"

Make sure you can also of course ping all the adresses and they are the correct mdm IP's on your cluster.

On the cluster you can run "scli --query_cluster" to verify the mdm ip's...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi Mick,

Please try :

/opt/emc/scaleio/sdc/bin/drv_cfg --query_mdms

BR,

Alaa

No Events found!