Trying to upgrade ScaleIO 1.32 to 1.32.1 and de-registered 1.32 plug-in was de-registered and new 1.32.1 plug-in registered successfully via powershell script. However Web Client reports old 1.32 version (1.32-402.1) and "incompatible version from vcenter server."
Looks like there may be some remnants of the old version left? Any manual way to clean up 1.32 in web client?
Please try the following steps:
1. Un-register the plugin (using the PowerCLI ps1 script)
2. Log-out -> log-in in vSphre web client
3. Clear your web browser cookies / history etc.
4. Restart the vSphere web client service (Virgo server) on your VC
5. Register the plugin (using the PowerCLI ps1 script) -> remember NOT to press Enter until you perform the log-in into your vSphere web client (that completes the registration)
6. Once you see the SIO icon in the vSphere web client, you can press Enter in the PowerCLI session (that will stop the embedded tomcat)
Did that help?
The plug-in registers and de-registers just fine via PowerCLI. This issue is, when 1.32.1 (Build 1.32-1440.3) is registered, it completes successfully, but the Web Client lists 1.32-402.1 (previous version) still installed and listed as "incompatible version."
There seems to be some artefacts left over from 1.32 installation that are not removed even after proper de-registering with PowerCLI and VC restart, browser history clearing, etc.