Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2016 09:00

When will ScaleIO 2.0 be be available to download from this Community

Now that ScaleIO 2.0 has been released, when will it be available to download from this site so that we can evaluate the new features?

15 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 01:00

Hi Ian. Thanks - I have already downloaded the full documentation set from the support site, so have a list of the features that are new in this release.

However, the release notes won't answer my question - I won't be able to evaluate the features without the software.

31 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 15:00

G'day Konrad. You should be able to download it here: https://support.emc.com/downloads/33925_ScaleIO.

5 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 15:00

15 Posts

March 4th, 2016 00:00

Hi Ian. There is a padlock against that link, which requires a form to be completed to request the download. That may well work for me.

However, my question was about when will version 2.0 be freely available to download in the community, in place of the current 1.32.x version.

51 Posts

March 9th, 2016 00:00

Yes same thing here, we can't download the version 2.0 except if we have a site ID or something like that.

I hope the community version will be out quickly.

Or did the scaleio model change and the community version will stay stuck at version 1.32?

51 Posts

March 10th, 2016 01:00

nice.

i download that immediately.

For me today the only issue with scaleIO is replication. With integrated (not recoverpoint) asynchrone and synchrone replication we will be able to compete against nutanix vsan ...

15 Posts

March 10th, 2016 02:00

Thanks for posting this link.

31 Posts

March 10th, 2016 15:00

Thanks for putting that link up mate.

March 10th, 2016 18:00

You could up something like Datacore.com in front of scaleIO and that would virtualize the storage which would also include replication and active/active set ups.

51 Posts

March 10th, 2016 23:00

i know that we can do a lot of stuf for replication but i don't want to play lego.

The thing today with emc is if you want replication or stretch or cdp you have to add vplex or recoverpoint...

hitachi hp nettap have everything integrated, nutanix and vsan too.

So it's just impossible today to go to a customer and say ok if you want this you have to buy that and that to make it work ...

that's why i hope than scaleio will have it's own replication mecanism. Without that it's already a dead technology in europe

No Events found!