Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 03:00

Does nagios talk with msm vm / vision core in the Vx rack systems ?

How can we monitor Vx rack systems With Nagios and Vx rack has VCE vision tool to monitor but nagios has to take data from vision core /msm vm ??

4 Posts

March 27th, 2017 11:00

Hey yanama 

We are reaching out to our subject matter experts and will have an answer for you shortly.

Thanks for the question!

3 Posts

March 27th, 2017 22:00

Hey

It would be grateful if I get answer as soon as possible

Thanks

Anji 

30 Posts

March 29th, 2017 13:00

Vision (whether on VxRack or VxBlock) acts as a blind forwarder for SNMP traps, so your dell/emc system (VxRack or VxBlock) would have components forward traps to Vision Core VM, then using "configureSNMP" script on the Vision Core VM you would define your 3rd party SNMP host/software IP for Vision to blindly forward traps to.

The Vision Administrator guide on https://docs.vce.com has a section on how to setup SNMP trap forwarding from Vision Core VM to a 3rd party SNMP host/software.

The purpose is for Vision to be a single point to change or update your 3rd party SNMP host/software's IP. Otherwise, if say your 3rd party SNMP host/software's IP address changed you would have to go to each component in your dell/emc system (VxRack or VxBlock) and update the components config for the new IP address.  By pointing all components to the Vision Core IP and then having Vision blindly forwarding (using configureSNMP script) traps, you only have to change the IP address from example 1 time from the Vision core VM instead of having to go to all of your components to change the IP address.

i hope that answers your question. thanks

3 Posts

March 30th, 2017 00:00

Hey

Thanks ,It has much information that what I need.

Thanks,

Anji

No Events found!