sssss1
1 Copper

Re: Ask the Expert: Introducing the New VCE VxRail™ Appliance

Mike,

yes, MyQuotes has a Bug and is giving the Wrong Power cords for the VxRAIL 120,160,200
, the Power cords that is giving is for use with the VxRAIL 60 when using Low Voltage as it is the only one that supports Low Voltage, the other three models requires the 220V-240V, so you can leave the Power cords in the Quote as they will not be used at customer site , the VxRAIL 120,160,200  gets shipped with C13 to C14 Power cords  2 Part#  038-004-004 in the Field install Kit  Model INSTLKIT-10GE-RJ45  to be used in an Customer Rack with High Voltage.

if you need additional help you can reach out to PresalesSupportCenter@emc.com

Regards

Victor

0 Kudos
EMCFINN
1 Copper

Hello - the Non VLP appliances ship with vSphere Ent+ licenses?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Thank you CUE and would you ask more question?

VxRAIL can add feature by Virtual Appliance.

This is the difference point with other HCI, I think.

Do you have plan add other VA for VxRAIL bundle software?

For example, vVNX, Isilon SD edge, DD VE...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
engmaliali
6 Indium

HI , 2 questions

Customers are asking if VxRail supports SAP workloads , and if yes can we provide them with a documentation that says so ?

Something with NSX , can we provide a VxRail with NSX ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I have one more question.

Why EVO:RAIL project is stopped and VxRAIL release as new HCI from VCE.

Because other QEP told negative message to some customers.

So I want to hear true the purpose and prospective messages from your members.

Regards.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I don't speak for VMware, EMC or VCE but to me it's clear. EVO:RAIL as a partner concept had NOT enough penetration in the market beating the competition like Nutanix appliance with a VSAN appliance. EMC EVO:RAIL VSPEX Blue (despite being a good product) was too expensive and in my geo at least it was like the ugly <insert inoffensive word here> nobody wanted. Core reps left it to the Partner Comunnity and the distiributors to manage ultimately meaning it was left it in the warehouse mainly. EMC was not unlike other partners like HP, Dell etc getting EVO:RAIL sold IMO.

Enter the strategy to stop all other VMware partners pushing EVO:RAIL to focus on one just doing it correctly The EMC Federation. Difference this time is that VMware was brought in strategically in developing the product. VCE Converged Value prop and life cycle management skills leveraged too. Now you have 3 Sales teams (VCE, VMware and EMC) getting fully paid on VxRAIL so three Sales teams pushing it, excellent price point (which truly was one of VSPEX Blue's major issues) and big differentiators bundled in like VDP, Cloudarray and RP4VM's to name but a few.

This should be any VCE/VMware/EMC Partners dream and the competitions worse nightmare! GAME ON!!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

bob12344234
6 Indium

Question about VSAN licensing:

Is it included as part of the solution?

If a customer has an existing VMware ELA that only covers vSphere/vCenter what do they need to purchase?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

bob12344234 wrote:

Question about VSAN licensing:

Is it included as part of the solution?

If a customer has an existing VMware ELA that only covers vSphere/vCenter what do they need to purchase?

Thanks.

Yes - the VSAN licensing is included in the appliance itself.

If the customer has an existing ELA (they need 8 enterprise plus licenses), you would sell the "VLP" version of VxRail.  Otherwise, quote the VxRail Appliance.  That version will included the vSphere licenses.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

engmaliali wrote:

HI , 2 questions

Customers are asking if VxRail supports SAP workloads , and if yes can we provide them with a documentation that says so ?

Something with NSX , can we provide a VxRail with NSX ?

Thanks

For SAP, are you talking HANA or other SAP Workloads?

VxRail is NSX ready - the default switch that gets created during the install is a virtual distributed switch.

0 Kudos
engmaliali
6 Indium

Thanks ! , I am talking about SAP workloads , not HANA ,

For NSX , does that mean the customer does not need to buy additional NSX licenses ? to use NSX on the VxRail ?

0 Kudos