Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ask the Expert: Introducing the New VCE VxRail™ Appliance

Hi,

A customer asked me about the integration of VxRail with VSOM (VMware Operations Manager). It has native integration? Or VxRail provides some similar tool to perform this function? Thanks.

0 Kudos
CUE1
2 Bronze

VxRail is compatable with all the VMware tools/products. Whatever tools your customer wants to use on top of vSphere can also be used with VxRail. No additional learning curve necessary.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anoter little question about VSOM and VxRAIL.

The VSOM is Licensing is available/included with VxRail Software Pack? Or in this case, if the customer ask, we will have to quote that item VSOM license separately. Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
CUE1
2 Bronze

VSOM is not provided or licensed with VxRail.

0 Kudos
Willing
2 Bronze

Hi,

Does the vSphere in the VxRail include VMware FT (Fault Tolerance) functionality?  I am not talking about VSAN fault tolerance, this is specifically VMware FT using a secondary VM sync image on a secondary node. Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

vSphere FT is not included with or supported on VxRail as it requires a dedicated 10GbE connection per node that VxRail with its two 10GbE NICs per nodwcannot provide

Regards,

Richard

Richard Preston

EMC

+1 425 419 7791

0 Kudos
Willing
2 Bronze

Thanks Rich,

Considering single instance storage, what is provided for continuous data availability if let's say a VM were to go down on 1 node due to hardware failure?  I recon we can use HA however there is interruption.  Also can use RP4VM which can provide near zero RPO and RTO but not quite zero as there would be some intervention for rollback.  Considering these points, what is the closest thing to substitute for VMware FT?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just listed the two options I know of.

Do other VMware experts watching on know of alternatives?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to know what this function of 04 USB ports located on the front panel on VxRail?

0 Kudos
Willing
2 Bronze

Thanks CUE,

That answers the question respective to VSOM support.  Regarding the vSphere Edition currently supplied with the appliance when the VLP option is NOT selected is what I would like to confirm.

Not to disregard what Colin has mentioned that it is vSphere Standard License but  I would like to confirm if this is so.  Reason being is that

1) The FAQ does not state what Edition of vSphere is included but only mentions that the VxRail Appliance ships with vSphere 6.0,VSAN 6.1,vRealize Log Insight and vCenter Server.

2) Also that when the VLP option is selected, in order to be eligible, the customer must have vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition licenses

With this in mind, what is the version of vSphere shipped with the appliance?  and if it is indeed vSphere Standard Edition, is it a customized Standard Edition that includes some Enterprise functionality, e.g. DRS

Thanks

0 Kudos