Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

June 1st, 2018 08:00

ESRS Support Info.

Hi there,

I'm new to the VxRail family.  We have just installed two data centres at two separate locations (E560Fs).  I had a question regarding the support e-mail entered.  We have our system managed by our ITS department and my information is also included in the site contact lists.  I have used my e-mail when ESRS was setup through VxRail manager. 

Does anyone know how the support works? Will I be the only one who receives e-mail regarding the hosts since my name is the one configured in VxRail manager, or will it go to ITS as well since they are listed in the site contacts? I'd prefer it go to ITS since they are doing the management, but would not mind to receive it.

Any help on this matter is appreciated.  Thanks!!

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

June 4th, 2018 06:00

The support account that you use and fill in via VxRail Manager GUI,  is propagated to ESRSVE configuration if you setup it through VxRail Manager GUI.

In this case, the support account, that is  your e-mail address will be used for ESRS related purpose.

For instance, when a newly esrs version is released, when device become missing from ESRS server, or so forth.

Contact info that is used by Dell EMC support in order to contact customer when SR open via auto-call function, is based on an Account profile that you may fill out and hand in to Dell EMC support personnel before support contract become valid.

If you still are worried about it, you can contact Dell support center in your region and get a more detailed information from them.

2 Posts

June 4th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for your help

No Events found!