Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2017 01:00

VXrail manager authorization and permissions

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to manage VXrail manager v4 authorization and permissions? Default anyone with a vCenter login, local or ldap, can login as admin in VXrail manager even when they have only a readonly account in vCenter.

Cheers!

Vincent

June 16th, 2017 02:00

Is there an update in the near future of the VXrail manager authorization and permissions? So that not anyone with a vCenter login, can login as admin in VXrail manager?

Cheers!

June 26th, 2017 08:00

I just asked a similar question and then saw yours...I asked if there were a way to add user accounts for VxRail Manager. 

June 27th, 2017 05:00

I don't think so. Nothing in the release notes of 4.0.300. I'll hope it will be fixed in short-term.

Op 27 jun. 2017 om 12:30 heeft fredricksmith > het volgende geschreven:

DECN

VXrail manager authorization and permissions

reply from fredricksmith in VxRail Appliance - View the full discussion

8 Posts

February 28th, 2018 12:00

That's a huge issue since from VxRail Manager you can shutdown the entire cluster if you were so inclined.

March 1st, 2018 03:00

There's a nuance I found out. I've tested the following setup a few months ago. We've had a new VxRail with only the management vm's that are shipped with the VxRail and a few new deployed vm's.

I've logged in the VxRail manager with a vCenter account

I've pressed the shuwdown cluster button. Direct there was a message. You should first power down all the vm's that are deployed in the VxRail. So I was also not able to shutdown the VxRail cluster.

When you've powered off all the vm's except the management vm's the you're able to shut down the VxRail cluster.

No Events found!