Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2017 12:00

VxRail Distributed Switch Issues after Appliance Reboot

All,

I recently rebooted a VxRail appliance by shutting down guests VM's and utilizing the Manger to shutdown the cluster (no problem here). However, when I powered on all hosts it seems that the distributed switch and all ports groups previously created are no longer available (i.e. grayed out). Of course this causes issues with the vSAN and Cluster. I am unable to gain access to vCenter but found event id (461 and 460) in the manager GUI. Completed another reboot "same process" and looks like the VM's are trying to access VMX config files with a target location of "None" (which I attribute to vSAN communication). Any ideas?

28 Posts

April 4th, 2017 05:00

Hi

I would suggest opening up an SR with Dell EMC Support to troubleshoot the cause of the issue. They will be able to work with you on investigating log information etc if that is what is needed.

April 7th, 2017 08:00

HI,

Did you open up a support ticket and get any information back? Please share.

Thanks

Jeff

April 10th, 2017 17:00

I've gotten similar issue on All Flash Model.

My issue reason is break vSAN license, so could not boot VMs.

Which do you use appliance model?

13 Posts

April 10th, 2017 18:00

Jeff,

Yes I opened an SR for this issue however I have not gotten word back. So far I have gotten as far as finding out that indeed this seems to be a switch issue. Which as a chain reaction affects the vSAN from being re-established. The problem is I am unable to edit the VDS to do anything. I am on the verge of creating a new VDS and linking everything back up but I don't want to further mess with things until I get word back from EMC.

V/R

13 Posts

April 10th, 2017 18:00

Norick,

I am running a hybrid solution G-Series. I don't think this is a model specific issue. It definitely has to do with correctly shutting down the system and bringing it back online. My assumption is that configuration changes made during installation may have not saved correctly and defaulted to pre-config settings. I am still looking around at things but suspect this should be an easy fix, only problem is I am not sure where things are located. Which is half the battle for me now. As soon as I get word from EMC with a solution I will update this page.

V/R

16 Posts

April 11th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

I work on EMC, can you email me the SR# information to Fabio.cavalcanti@emc.com.

I would like to follow up on this issue.

Thanks

Fabio Cavalcanti

No Events found!