8 Krypton

Re: VxRail SFP+ partnumber

Jump to solution

Thank you, all.

I understand that I can use "SIO Intel Ethernet SFP+ SR Optics" for VxRail.

GBlack3
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I confirmed yesterday with EMC and VCE that the part number is SIO-NETCONNECT-003  which is Intel Ethernet SFP+ SR Optics.

Hopefully EMC/VCE adds this to the documentation as it seems to be the only SFP connectivity option.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Sure send me a PM on what you're looking to do.

0 Kudos
GBlack3
6 Indium

Jump to solution

My coworkers in HK were told SIO-NETCONNECT-003 is a US only sku and not available in HK.  Do you happen to know what sku to use in HK?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

No, SIO-NETCONNECT-003 is in JAPAN

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi,

I I found the update the "VCE VXRAIL APPLIANCE Ordering and Licensing Guide" Rev 1.2.

https://support.emc.com/docu62876

It was updated in April 21.

Added described in page 16,

----

The SC (short-range) Intel optic, compatible for the VxRail side, can be ordered by using the SIO’s model number in the MyQuotes catalog. Model number: SIO-NETCONNECT-003

----

0 Kudos
Highlighted
engmaliali
6 Indium

Jump to solution

If ordering VxRail with SFP+ the cables are not included. If connecting to a Cisco Nexus switch  the following cables are suitable. “The TwinAx cables in MyQuotes should be available via the following EMC Model Number: 10G-SFPP-TWX0308 Description: DIRECT ATTACHED SFPP COPPER, 3M, 8-PACK     It's an 8 pack of TwinAx cables so we'll only need 1 per appliance”. 10G-SFPP-TWX0308                  SEL DIRECT ATTACH SFPP COPPER3M8-PACK      2          EA                              The units will ship with the correct number of cables required for RJ45 connectivity and a separate order is not required.

0 Kudos
GBlack3
6 Indium

Jump to solution

kawaman wrote:

Hi,

I I found the update the "VCE VXRAIL APPLIANCE Ordering and Licensing Guide" Rev 1.2.

https://support.emc.com/docu62876

It was updated in April 21.

Added described in page 16,

----

The SC (short-range) Intel optic, compatible for the VxRail side, can be ordered by using the SIO’s model number in the MyQuotes catalog. Model number: SIO-NETCONNECT-003

----

Doesn't look like this is available to customers which I would argue should be, but good to see it is now documented. 

0 Kudos
engtech2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@engmalialiwhere did you find "10G-SFPP-TWX0308" referenced as an acceptable option for Cisco switches?  The part number described is listed for Brocade switches?  I cannot find any reference to Cisco Twinax support on the VxRail.

0 Kudos
telenoiz77
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The Twinax cables I was directed to are: BRSFP-TX3M8P  , an 8 pack of 3M compatible with VxRail SFP+ and Brocade switch.  Although, these are Brocade cables, and I cannot find a compatibility matrix for Twinax cable models to Cisco switches. The switch side will be Cisco Meraki MS-425.   Has anyone discovered a Twinax interop matrix between switch vendors ?

0 Kudos