Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2016 12:00

VxRail SFP+ partnumber

Hello Experts,

We have a lot of questions on SFP+ Part number to be ordered from Myquotes for VxRail. My quotes gives INSTLKIT-10GE-SFP+ . However the BOM for this doesn't specify whether it includes the SFP+.Can somebody please help us clear this doubt?

Thanks,

Virender Singh

18 Posts

April 27th, 2016 08:00

kawaman wrote:

Hi,

I I found the update the "VCE VXRAIL APPLIANCE Ordering and Licensing Guide" Rev 1.2.

https://support.emc.com/docu62876

It was updated in April 21.

Added described in page 16,

----

The SC (short-range) Intel optic, compatible for the VxRail side, can be ordered by using the SIO’s model number in the MyQuotes catalog. Model number: SIO-NETCONNECT-003

----

Doesn't look like this is available to customers which I would argue should be, but good to see it is now documented. 

10 Posts

April 27th, 2016 08:00

If ordering VxRail with SFP+ the cables are not included. If connecting to a Cisco Nexus switch  the following cables are suitable. “The TwinAx cables in MyQuotes should be available via the following EMC Model Number: 10G-SFPP-TWX0308 Description: DIRECT ATTACHED SFPP COPPER, 3M, 8-PACK     It's an 8 pack of TwinAx cables so we'll only need 1 per appliance”. 10G-SFPP-TWX0308                  SEL DIRECT ATTACH SFPP COPPER3M8-PACK      2          EA                              The units will ship with the correct number of cables required for RJ45 connectivity and a separate order is not required.

5 Posts

June 17th, 2016 19:00

@engmalialiwhere did you find "10G-SFPP-TWX0308" referenced as an acceptable option for Cisco switches?  The part number described is listed for Brocade switches?  I cannot find any reference to Cisco Twinax support on the VxRail.

1 Message

July 20th, 2016 09:00

The Twinax cables I was directed to are: BRSFP-TX3M8P  , an 8 pack of 3M compatible with VxRail SFP+ and Brocade switch.  Although, these are Brocade cables, and I cannot find a compatibility matrix for Twinax cable models to Cisco switches. The switch side will be Cisco Meraki MS-425.   Has anyone discovered a Twinax interop matrix between switch vendors ?

13 Posts

July 20th, 2016 14:00

Twinax cables come with connectors and they are switch dependent. ToR vendors provide their own for this reason. Cisco-Meraki is an acquisition is not the "real" Cisco switch. So a Twinax that works for Nexus may not work for Meraki.

4 Operator

• 

877 Posts

September 15th, 2016 18:00

Now  we can select VxRail SFP+ option in MyQuotes.

The parts number is  "VXRAIL-OPTIC-SR".

Thanks for order systems update.

https://support.emc.com/docu62876

August 17th, 2017 12:00

Hi,

What about using LR-optics? Customer is having a LR-environment, and they are asking if they can use the same LR-optics with VxRail installation as well. I know that our NIC's supports LR-optics.

Thanks!

No Events found!