Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

September 18th, 2018 06:00

What would be the impact of shutting off VxRail manager and ESRS?

What would be the impact of shutting off VxRail manager and ESRS?

We've had VxRail up and running for about a year and a half now. There have been many issues big and small. Only one of these issues was related to Vmware / VSAN.  The rest have all been related to the PTC agent, ESRS, VxRail Manager, iDRAC, etc.  I don't think it's normal to have to rebuild VxRail Manager 3 times in a year and a half.  For the past year, it's been phoning home saying there is a bad drive 2 or 3 times a week. Updated the PTC agent last year.  Didn't fix it.  Updated everything earlier this year.  Didn't fix it.  Updated just the iDRAC. Didn't fix it.  Reinstalled the PTC agents again.  Didn't fix it. Now, there's a new update that is supposed to fix it. I'm not hopeful

At this point, VxRail manager is filled with thousands of false positive errors so, it's pretty much useless. It's tying up Dell support with false tickets that they have to follow up on.  It's taking up my time having to cross check Vxrail Manage with Virtual Center to verify that it's a false positive..

I'm just wondering, what are the drawbacks of shutting down VxRail Manager and ESRS and just manage this as if it was another VSAN cluster?  I see no benefit to VxRail Manager.

No Responses!
No Events found!