Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2016 04:00

Where can I get the VxRail install, config and planning guides?

Hi, I would like to ask as to where can I find the VxRail install/config/planning guides? I checked EMC Solve Desktop but can't seem to find it. Thank you in advance!

March 10th, 2016 12:00

Solve Dekstop for VxRail will be out today.

The product guides are available now on http://support.emc.com/products/39970_VxRail-Appliance

March 28th, 2016 12:00

These are NOT the installation guides and the installation guides are not on the SolVe Desktop. Please advise where the actual installation guides are. Thank you!

20 Posts

March 30th, 2016 05:00

That's a dead link:

Site Unavailable

EMC Online Support

We apologize, but this site is currently unavailable. Please try back later. Thank you.

We have a POC coming up and could really use that info.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 30th, 2016 06:00

Sit is back up and working......

VxRail Sb.PNG.png

20 Posts

March 31st, 2016 09:00

366 Posts

March 31st, 2016 10:00

Hi,

the installation procedures for VxRail are on the Solve Desktop already.

Thanks,

March 31st, 2016 16:00

None of these responses are correct. The Support site and SolVe Desktop only contain a Product Guide and Release Notes. I need the installation guide. Thank you.

20 Posts

April 2nd, 2016 04:00

That is not correct.

April 7th, 2016 12:00

Any luck with the Installation guide for the VxRail? I have not been able to locate it either. Basically everything BUT the actual install guide?

Regards,

Jeff

April 7th, 2016 20:00

It's within the SolVe Desktop tool under "VxRail Gen 2 Appliance Procedures" -> CS/PS Field Procedures -> VxRail Gen 2 Installation Procedures.

Procedure.tiff

20 Posts

April 8th, 2016 04:00

Solve does not work for me, getting a bunch of COM+ errors when a procedure begins to generate, maybe because I'm on Windows 10 with office 365.  Even if it did work, all that's in Solve in gen 2 and VSB.  Where is the Gen 3 info? 

Here's the product guide which has some info regarding the install:

https://support.emc.com/docu67901_VxRail-Appliance-3.0-Product-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

Also, on support.emc.com there's a VxRail Pre-Installation Site Checklist which gives you a good idea what's required from for the TOR switches, which is the important detail for setting this up. If the TORs are setup correctly, the rest of the install should be mostly pain free.

April 14th, 2016 05:00

All,

I had to open a ticket with support to get them to generate the document. Mine was specific to a single VxRail120. I believe they just used the SolVe Generator to do it.

Thanks,

Jeff

18 Posts

April 14th, 2016 05:00

I'm also looking for this info.  Only the Product Guide and Release notes are available.  As a customer the old vspex blue installation guide is available but not the VxRAIL.  I have 3 deployments in different areas or the world that I'm trying to prepare and document for.  Specifically I'd like to get the scripted configuration via usb setup.

July 21st, 2016 11:00

Resurrecting an old thread...I believe the installation guide is not accessible to customers, only to EMC internal and approved EMC Solution Providers.  SolVe Desktop is only going to show customers the customer-specific procedures.

Please advise if anyone has conflicting information...

July 21st, 2016 14:00

Hi all,

My SolVe had permissions issues, but it is fixed now. Had to open a ticket with the Solve team. I can now see customer procedures and partner procedures.Install guides etc are now visible.

Thank you,

Jeff

No Events found!