Highlighted
cristiankbza
1 Copper

Activation of windows 10 home failed

Hi,

I bought a Dell Inspiron 5559 with pre-installed wiondows 10 home edition. After finish windows setup, an error messaje came up ¨Activation of windows 10 home failed because "the product key used in this pc did not work with this edition of windows'". I contact dell support and they suggested me to re-install win10 which i did but the problem is still there. Any clue Please.

Thanks in advance..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

RE: Activation of windows 10 home failed

Activation key is embedded in the computer and you do not have access to it. Did you mistakenly enter a key? That is not necessary. The Activation will automatically scan the computer and read your embedded key. When reinstalling win 10 you skip the first question about a product key by choosing I don't have a key. Then activate after the reinstallation is finished.

0 Kudos
CristianRD
1 Copper

Hi, Mary G

Thanks for your answer. I did not try to activate windows during the set up. I was trying to configured an account when I realize that windows was not activated.

This is what I found:

Like I said before, I re-installed win10 but it did not work, I don't know what else to do...

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please stroll down to 'Activating after reinstalling windows 10' and expand it in the link below. Click on Get Help With Windows 10 Activation Errors and then Using The Activation Troubleshooter. Hopefully it will be a help to you.

Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help

EDIT:

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Did you attempt to clean install using a Digital Download from Dell or from Microsoft?

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos