kymmcd
1 Copper

Re: B1163w Mono MFP scan assistant error

Jump to solution

I am getting the same message too!  Seems nobody has responded with a fix.

0 Kudos
WallStreet1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue here too...however a test scan will work from Devices and printers, just not in Scan assistant. Now wondering if a "Scan to PDF" within Adobe DC will work; just that my end-user prefers this Scan Assistant. Whats up Dell? 

0 Kudos
uwmgrad
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i am having the same exact issue.  i've plugged/unplugged printer cable, which still works fine.  i've uninstalled/installed about a dozen times.  i still cannot get mine to work properly.  did you ever get any type of response or been able to solve this problem?  i use my exclusively for ebay and i'd prefer to not have to continue taking pictures. 

thank you for your time and bringing attention to this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Dell needs to update b1163w Twain driver.

I contacted Dell support. They know the problem. It requires them to re-write the Twain interface.
The Dell b1163w is an older, out of warranty printer/scanner. They aren't in a hurry to fix it.
They had rather you buy an new one (from Dell, of course).

Support suggested FastStone. It uses Twain interface. Didn't work.
I also tried Advanced Scan to PDF. Twain interface. Didn't work.

The only one I found that doesn't use the Twain interface is VueScan from Hamrick software.
$40 for home version, $90 for pro version.
Pricey, but if you are stuck in a pinch it's either that or buy an new printer/scanner.
But, if your new printer/scanner uses Twain interface you may have problems.

Looks like HP may have updated their Twain interface for their printer/scanners.
I don't have an HP at this time, so can't be sure.

HSidhu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem. Still looking for a fix.

0 Kudos
HSidhu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem. Still looking for a fix.

Been using stock windows fax and scan. It works ok but can't save as pdf and lacks other options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dacheres
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I Found a solution for the problem, but you can not use the dell software that they provide you with.  I am currently using the Microsoft scan app. https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRFJ3PV  That link should take you to it.  With that i am able to scan with the printer and everything.  I have no idea why the dell software doesn't work, but that is the best solution i have came up with at the moment.

Tags (1)
pickleboy1234
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you! I downloaded the Microsoft scan app and now the scan feature on my Dell B1165nfw works great. Sad that Dell won't fix their own issues 🙂 

Good fix, thanks!

0 Kudos
beaux-zeaux
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This also worked for the Dell B1265dnf Laser.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos