Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

August 27th, 2015 11:00

Battery drain in win 10 inspiron 15 7537

Hi i have upgrading to win 10 on the first day itself in my inspiron 15 7537 model and everything went smooth, but then after using it for three days i have noticed hug dip in battery time , usually it used to be around 6-7hrs of normal usage in win 8.1 but in win 10 it was around 3hrs or less than that , Initially i thought may be windows 10 is downloading drivers in the background but even after 20days of usage there was no improvement so i restored back to win 8.1 (battery backup is fine in win 8.1) .Even my friends who upgraded to win 10 has this problem. Is all dell laptops facing this problem ? If so i hope dell support staff fix this problem 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 28th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

As of now there are no issues with battery .

If you could check the power management setting and set it accordingly that should help .

You could also monitor the Graphics  Card Performance .

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

August 28th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I have a dell Vostro 3560 and since updating to windows 10 my battery has decreased dramatically.

It has decreased so much that High Performance when I was on windows 8.1 used much less battery than balanced on Windows 10.

I know there is an issue because battery life doesn't go down that significantly within days before and after an install.

I have also tried changing some of the plan settings like bringing the processing power down etc and it is still nowhere near what it was in windows 8.1. 

August 29th, 2015 01:00

I have tried every option but has no change, its not just my laptop even my friends who have dell laptop are facing this problem ,whereas another friend who has lenovo has no battery drain so i must be compatibility issues with win 10 , most of the time fan is spinning fast n heating like when we play a high end graphic game even when just playing songs and surfing net

3 Posts

August 29th, 2015 02:00

Hi Vinay,

So you know when I am saying I have the same issue, I am backing you up not trying to derail the thread in my own direction. You being told there isn't a problem isn't a solution for you and I want you to have a solution because I think if they looked into your issue it would probably be a wider issue than your computer. 

Also the fact your friends have the same issue and so do I. I am guessing by your name that you are probably from India, I am from the UK so if we both have an issue and your friends have an issue then it is a wider problem.

People at Dell you will want to sell new machines with Windows 10 on it so please make sure this gets sorted out as it is in your interest to do so. If you are worried about your relationship with microsoft over reporting something they have claimed is fixed then think about what is more important, your relationship with microsoft or your customers? I will give you a hint, your customers keep your business going.

Also any further responses I see from the Dell team telling someone their issue is not a problem I will give a poor customer service rating for. 

Kind Regards,

Pjay87

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

August 29th, 2015 13:00

Also seeing rapid battery drain on Inspiron 17 5721 laptop with Win 10 Pro.

Identical Inspiron 5721 with Win 8.1 Pro runs much longer on a charge. I use the same charger to charge either system for convenience, so it's not a charger issue.

And software use is virtually identical on both so it's not an issue of playing HD video or demanding apps on the Win 10 system vs the Win 8.1 system.

After only surfing the net and checking email for ~1 hr today, the battery in the Win 10 system has gone from 90% to ~50%.

September 4th, 2015 03:00

I guess it is a universal problem for few dell models, hope dell will solve this prblem ASAP.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

September 4th, 2015 11:00

It's a Microsoft+Intel problem with Win 10 and it's not limited to Dell PCs.

I personally think the drain is more than 10% as indicated in that article. :emotion-5:

1 Message

September 22nd, 2015 07:00

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 Laptop. After upgraded to Win 10 me too faced to this Battery Drain issue so I downgraded to Win 8.1 :emotion-6:

November 25th, 2015 15:00

Dear, i had the same problem.

Until now there are two things you can do.

1) Enter Bios Settings (by pressing F2 while booting) and disable Intel Management Engine. 

OR

2) Uninstall the latest driver for Intel Management Engine Interface Driver and install this (oldest) driver (Version 9.5.14.1724, A00) : http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=5D6PT&fileId=3488769613&osCode=WB64A&productCode=inspiron-17-7737&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CS

(i choose the 2nd option).

The problem was solved installing this (previous) version of Intel Management Engine Interface Driver. My laptop (Dell 7737 i7) is working perfect now!

Hope that i helped you my friend.

Lefteris from Mykonos/Greece._

1 Message

January 10th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

I have just updated to Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3537. It seems to me that applying the 2nd solution works perfectly.

Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 11th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

I have just updated to Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3537. It seems to me that applying the 2nd solution works perfectly.

Thanks.

Have you gone to the Intel site to see if there's a newer version that solves this problem, which might be better than reverting to an older version.

No Events found!