Highlighted
itaura
1 Copper

Boot Windows 10 with UEFI over network with UEFI

Hello everyone

I am trying to make Windows 10 scripted installation with UEFI boot.

Every things works with normal Legacy mode in our environment and k2000.

I have made WINPE 10 boot file as a normal procedure with k2000 Media Manager (like in legacy mode). And uploaded it to k2000. Of cause I have re-cached my drivers when making new a boot source. 

I have setup our new DHCP so it can boot with UEFI and it works!, and I can see my boot sources when boot up the client in UEFI mode. 

Here comes the tricky part I can choose my newly created Windows 10 boot source with Dell's own WINPE10 drivers. Then it loads the Boot source file that I created but It stop at the Windows 10 logo it never loads the deployment menu like in legacy mode, so I cannot deploy a scripted installation.

I am stuck what could be wrong or what have I missed ? Please help

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Boot Windows 10 with UEFI over network with UEFI

Here is some information you may find helpful:

http://dell.to/2jbioXO

http://dell.to/2jbh33u

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
itaura
1 Copper

Hi Robert

Friday I became curious - What will a Hyper-V machine do, when booting up with UEFI. And turns out that it works like a charm - It just bootet correctly and I was able to choose my deployments in the deployment menu.

Why is it working on Hyper-V machine and not on a dell desktop / laptop?

I have enabled UEFI stack on NIC and disabled secure boot.

What could be wrong or what have I missed ?

Regards'

Michael

0 Kudos
MLRankin
1 Copper

I have been having a similar issues trying to get a Dell Latitude 3570 with Windows 10 to enable a network unlock with bitlocker installed.  The UEFI mode should allow the server to unlock it so it will take updates on our company LAN, but have been trying for weeks now and no go.

0 Kudos