magnetoram
1 Copper

Creators Update Corrupts System

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop with W10. A couple weeks ago Creators Update was installed and I started to get the blue screen with the sad face when I booted. After a few attempts to boot it would boot up. A couple of days ago it started to boot, would shut off, reboot and get to the Dell logo with the spinning dotted circle and then Preparing Automatic Repair comes up and it recycles and does the same thing over and over. Now it gets all fuzzy and goes no further.

I used the Media Creation Tool and downloaded W10, made the BIOS changes and booted from the USB. It boots from the USB, the Windows Logo appears, the spinning dotted circle appears and then the screen goes all fuzzy and will not proceed to reinstall.

I think it is Creators Update and video driver related. I am not sure how to get past this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Creators Update Corrupts System

Thank you for your message.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB this is to confirm that there are no issues with the hardware.

Set bios to defaults. Get into bios & tap F9 to set to defaults & then F10 to save & exit.

Disconnect the bootable USB. Turn off the computer & turn it back on again, when you see the Dell logo turn off the computer using the power button. Do this 3-4 times & this should initiate advanced repair options.

You can try to refresh the OS without losing any files by following this link http://dell.to/2miAhSt

Click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
magnetoram
1 Copper

Thanks for your post. I have done all the basic steps to get into safe mode, advanced repair, reset bios and forced failure. None of these options were successful

I removed the HDD attached it to another computer and formatted as NTFS. I have the Dell image on USB and went to install it. The laptop boots from the USB and proceeds to show the Dell Logo and the dotted spinning circle and after several seconds the monitor goe all fuzzy and the install freezes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lorein0688
2 Bronze

Be sure you are having the sufficient space; the creators update takes around 10 GB storage space in the system partition. Or else disable the antivirus program and firewall as this also causes issues in installing creator update. If require you need to disable the Windows defender as this is also causing the issues.

Also install the latest drivers on your system from the manufacturer as outdated or incompatible drivers also cause the corruption.

Apart from that, scan your Windows 10 OS with the Windows Repair Tool, to scan and detect the Windows update issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos