Highlighted
brittdenn4
1 Copper

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 series 7537

Hi 

Recently my dell inspiron 7537 is having problems opening properly. I am not sure if it is the way I carry it in my back back (college student) but I always use a case with it and make sure to be gentle setting my backpack down, etc. I have had this computer since 2014 and never had any problems, I love it!. But recently when I try to open the laptop for use the right side makes a popping noise at the crease and the bottom right of the screen (not the touch screen portion but where it is black at the corner) is popping off. I can see the lights behind it. I am able to press on the screen to get it to pop back in place but even when it is in place and I test it by opening and closing it the same popping noise happens and the portion of the screen is raised again. 

Is this a problem I live with now? Any solutions? I bought my computer at costco but I can't remember if I had a warranty or if it even lasted this long. Any suggestions?

Also the actual computer functions just fine, no problems booting up or anything.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 series 7537

brittdenn4,

If your purchased the system through costco you would need to contact them for warranty issues unless you transferred the warranty to Dell online. Can you post a picture of the piece coming off? If so, I can look to see if that part is replaceable through our spare parts department. 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos