Highlighted
Timdellxps
1 Copper

DELL XPS DESKTOP: NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND

Hello, 

My computer dell desktop XPS has been working normally until yesterday. 

I keep getting this error message when i turn on my computer: 

No boot device available

SATA 0: Installed

SATA 1: Installed

SATA 2: NONE

SATA 3: NONE

SATA 4: NONE

SATA 5: Installed

Strike the F1 key to retry reboot, F2 to run the setup utility. 

I restarted my computer many times and i still keep getting this error message. 

Please help, Thank you!

Tim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: DELL XPS DESKTOP: NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND

The listing shows you have 3 SATA devices installed.  Have you checked the Bios to make sure your Boot drive is still selected as primary?  Have you tried the F12 key during boot to open and then select the correct boot device.

We have seen many folks that have lost the Boot Device.  It seems to be happening for different reasons but one reason is due to some updates being installed.  Do you know of any updates installed whether from Dell or Windows?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We’ll surely try assist you. Please try the below mentioned steps and check if the issue re-occurs.

1> Power ON the machine,

2> Tap F2 key on the startup Dell logo, it takes you to the BIOS screen.

3> Move to Boot tab=> Boot list options=> change the option from "Legacy" to "UEFI".

4> Restart the machine, it should load fine to Windows.

Let us know if this helped.

0 Kudos
Skittle 1231
1 Copper

I am having the same issue since I did updates on mine two days ago. Will not operate past start up screen and saying no bootable device.

0 Kudos