Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2020 16:00

Dell Command Update 3.1 Network Error

Hi,

I've been using dell command update 2.4 successfully on a variety of machines (optiplex 7040s, optiplex 7060s, XPS laptops and latitude laptops) and recently they all seem to have automatically updated to dell command 3.1. I would like to use the new version, but when checking for updates I get the following network error: 'A problem occurred attempting to connect to your network. Please check your network settings and try again'

SomebodyElse8_1-1578271955460.png

This happens for both cli and gui. We have a proxy and the proxy settings are set to use computer settings, but I've also tried manually setting the proxy and still have the same problem.

Not sure if this is a bug with the new update or if I need to change any settings to make this work

Any ideas are appreciated

February 24th, 2020 23:00

There is now a Dell Command Update 3.1.1 available:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=ph01c&oscode=wt64a&productcode=optiplex-7050-desktop

Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes:
- Addressed the arbitrary file overwrite issues.
- Fixed offline catalog functionality issues when the system is not connected to the Internet.
- Fixed the issue where The system has been updated notification is displayed, when no updates are applied.
- A system reboot is no longer applicable during self-update of Dell Command Update for Windows 10.

Enhancements:
- Updated the Json.Net library to 12.0.3 version.
- Support for proxy enhancements in an enterprise environment.
- Support of Declarative Componentized Hardware (DCH) drivers to the Advanced Driver Restore feature on Windows 10 operating systems.

1 Message

January 6th, 2020 02:00

Problem is the Proxy Configuration. Please try to disable the Proxy and use a direct Internet Connection.

3 Posts

January 6th, 2020 07:00

I'm having the exact same issue (both GUI and Command Line).  I have a direct internet connection (no proxy configuration)

3 Posts

January 6th, 2020 09:00

It's working for me now.  I had to clear my dns cache.  

4 Posts

January 7th, 2020 03:00

We have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately it seems that the proxy settings are ignored and the app tries to go directly to the internet.

Is there already a workaround ?

January 7th, 2020 03:00

We have the same issue.

It looks like Dell Command Update 3.1 does ignore all proxy settings, that are defined.
It is always trying to connect directly to the internet.

Was working fine in 3.0 UWP, but starting with 3.1 the proxy is not used anymore.
When connected directly to the internet everything works...

4 Posts

January 7th, 2020 04:00

Does dell know about this yet? Is it possible to report such problems at regular support ?

January 8th, 2020 05:00

I ended up putting an Exception in our firewall to skip authentication for the following URL's to get around the problem for now.

https://dellupdater.dell.com
https://downloads.dell.com

8 Posts

January 8th, 2020 14:00

Same issue.  This needs to be fixed so that all communication uses the system proxy or defined proxy settings.  Information Security will not allow this to go out direct through the WAF.

January 12th, 2020 15:00

Thanks for the replies. Looks like Dell needs to fix things, unfortunately our proxy is externally managed and required so I can't just go around it so need to wait for a fix.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to log this with Dell?

January 12th, 2020 16:00

I've logged a case with Dell and will advise if it gets anywhere

January 13th, 2020 20:00

Just an update. Someone from Dell has advised me to use 3.0.1 until a release in February 2020 to fix the current bugs...hopefully this means next month there will be a release to fix the proxy issue

1 Message

January 16th, 2020 02:00

Hi

i iahve the same problem over any month with 3.1.0 and a Fix at Fabruary are TOO LATE!!!
I have all PCs & Notebooks at our network running with automatic updates with Command update.

Now I must install Command fix at february every PC by hand???
Of course they have load and install this Software and now they have anymore connection...
and the Fix will not solve the Problem.....
I dont know about a .MSI version of Command Update that i can install this with a GPO????

Maybe we can open our Firewall to the needed URL....

https://dellupdater.dell.com
https://downloads.dell.com

This cant be enough for your Sophos UTM   there must be exists more URL....
but where are the Support from DELL???

Best Regards
Zentac

January 16th, 2020 14:00

I use PDQ deploy to push out dell command update to all my computers. At the moment I've rolled back to 2.4 with a policy file to stop automatic updates of applications, which stops dell command update from updating itself to the new version 3.1.0.

I'll either use PDQ or let dell update itself by allowing application updates again when the fix is out (if it resolves the problem)

1 Message

February 24th, 2020 04:00

Any update on this?

No Events found!