Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2017 17:00

Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series Hard Reset

Hello!

I am trying to fix my friends' slow computer. I was wondering if there is a set of keys or a way to restore the data from the beginning of the computer. Basically, is there a way to do a factory or hard reset a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the computer from the dell website: www.dell.com/.../pd

532 Posts

June 23rd, 2017 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department. We are here to assist you. With regards to the troubleshooting, please let us know if you are trying to back up the data before resetting the computer to its factory defaults or do you want the steps to reset the computer to its factory defaults? Also, share the service tag/ express service code via private message, so that we can check for updated Video drivers available on our resources. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

January 24th, 2018 11:00

any reply on this? i need to do the same thing, i have been instructed on crash the system but for any reason I cant, any instruction on how to do it? I start and off the computer when the logo comes out for more than 10 times and no luck

1 Message

December 5th, 2018 13:00

Hello, 

I want to reset my 2018 Inspiron 11 Service Tag but to my surprise, even with EVERY PROGRAM deleted, I am using all buy 1 gigabyte of memory, and the Windows pages says I need 5.6!!  I have called Support three times, and they have been no help, (except to try and sell me a ONE YEAR "warantee" for $299, or about the same price I paid.) I have never been able to even upgrade Windows 10 from the day I turned it on.  I was hoping by restoring it to its factory settings it would speed up, and I could download any programs to an SD card. ANY help you could offer would be appreciated!

1 Message

March 21st, 2020 12:00

I can’t login to my computer due to I forgot my password and need to reset my password

No Events found!