Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 29th, 2015 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15R - 7520: Hey Cortana does not work

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15R - 7520 (Mid 2010)

After upgrading to Windows 10 and do a clean install after that, I let my laptop update all drivers from Windows Update. Then I go to Dell support page to download any missing driver. Finally, there is no unregconized driver in Device Manager.

However, "Hey Cortana" feature is not working with the microphone. (I have turned on Hey Cortana in Cortana Settings). The microphone still works well with Skype. It also works well if I click the microphone icon next to "Ask me anything" in Cortana textbox.

Anyone knows how to make "Hey Cortana" works? Is it because of the Conexant driver is Windows 8.1 version, not Windows 10?

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 19:00

I have the same problem, except that it doesn`t work for me when I click the microphone icon in the Cortana textbox. It seems to listen for a second, but then it jumps to the suggestions like I didn`t say anything. I have the audio drivers for Windows 10 from the Dell support page. My voice works fine on Skype and Voice Recorder, though.

Please let us know if there is any progress.

1 Message

July 30th, 2015 08:00

Same issue for me, I have completed 'Learn my Voice' and started saying 'Hey Cortana', its not responding. May be this issue is related to mic Driver as Dell doesn't have Windows 10 drivers yet.

July 31st, 2015 19:00

I also think that Dell needs to update the microphone driver for Windows 10.

But we cannot know when Dell can update...

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

Still no new driver...

9.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 09:00

Still no new driver...

Hi minhphuong0401,

Please make sure you have the latest driver installed.  Here is the link.

Windows 10 has not come out with a specific driver yet, so the Windows 8.1 driver is the latest one suggested.

August 3rd, 2015 09:00

Hi Robert,

I have installed this latest driver from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. And I suspect that it is not fully compatible since Hey Cortana does not work at all (even though the microphone works in other applications like Skype).

One more thing, when I check Reliablity Monitor, I can see a lot of problems with Audio Device, and the files having problem is exactly the Conexant Driver (Please see below)

August 5th, 2015 08:00

Hi Robert,

I have tried to use Microsoft driver for 3 days already.

My observation is that Microsoft driver does not cause any error in Reliablity History for Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.

However

- The microphone used in Skype, Voice recorder became worse than Dell drivers (It cannot capture the voice clearly...)

- Hey Cortana is not working also

I still think that Dell needs to release the driver for Windows 10 as the 8.1 driver is not compatible fully and based on 2 facts

1. I check for other Dell models that has Conexant Audio. None of them has Windows 10 drivers.

2. ASUS, LENOVO, TOSHIBA has released Conexant Audio driver for Windows 10 (But these drivers do not work with Dell laptop)

9.4K Posts

August 7th, 2015 08:00

Hi Robert,

I have tried to use Microsoft driver for 3 days already.

My observation is that Microsoft driver does not cause any error in Reliablity History for Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.

However

- The microphone used in Skype, Voice recorder became worse than Dell drivers (It cannot capture the voice clearly...)

- Hey Cortana is not working also

I still think that Dell needs to release the driver for Windows 10 as the 8.1 driver is not compatible fully and based on 2 facts

1. I check for other Dell models that has Conexant Audio. None of them has Windows 10 drivers.

2. ASUS, LENOVO, TOSHIBA has released Conexant Audio driver for Windows 10 (But these drivers do not work with Dell laptop)

Honestly, at this time I do not have any updated information.  I do know that it's being looked into.  As soon as I have more information, I will respond back.

-Robert

25 Posts

August 8th, 2015 20:00

I don't have the "Hey Cortana" problem, but the "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" error shows frequently.

August 9th, 2015 02:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks. I hope the solution will come out soon.

Hi Jzhangphd,

May I know which driver you are using now for Conexant audio?

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Hmmm. So strange. I also used the same driver but Hey Cortana never works for me. My Windows 10 is clean install also.

But the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation issue is a litte bit annoying too

August 9th, 2015 21:00

-- Duplicate post --

219 Posts

August 20th, 2015 12:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks. I hope the solution will come out soon.

Hi Jzhangphd,

May I know which driver you are using now for Conexant audio?

i wouldn't bet on it.  you may have to wait either weeks or months before a new Conexant audio driver for Windows 10 will be available for your Dell laptop since Dell has to get in touch with Conexant Systems Inc. to make a new driver.

So far, Conexant Systems has only made new Win10 certified audio drivers for other PC manufacturers like ASUS, Lenovo, LG & Toshiba but none for Dell yet.

No Events found!