Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2015 18:00

Dell Inspiron (small desktop)

History: 1T hard drive, 12 GB Ram, 3.6 processor. I have had the computer for about 1.5 months. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (which I actually like). Recently it started acting sketchy and I though maybe it needed rebooting. On rebooting it immediately went to the Dell diagnostics and self help screen. You go through the various suggestions and then restart. On restart it goes through the diagnostics cycle, bringing me back to the blue self help page. 

As I write this it is being factory reset. 

My questions: Why would I need to factory reset on such a new computer; then should I trust this computer again?

August 15th, 2015 17:00

Thanks for your note.  I did a factory reset, and since I was using chrome as my major browser once I logged into that I got all my useful information and bookmarks back.  I think because I disabled Internet Explorer at the time Windows 10 was downloaded, the disabled program  caused the problem.  This time I didn't bother.  I just don't use IE (or Microsoft edge as it is called now).  On another note I did run diagnostics and all came back without error.  

Thanks again.

2.3K Posts

August 15th, 2015 16:00

It could be caused by anything really.  Did you download and install windows 10 drivers (if there are any) from the support page, or did you leave it as is when you upgraded?  Did the diagnostics and self help come up with any errors and if so what were they?  New operating systems always have some glitches to iron within the first few months of deployment. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 15th, 2015 17:00

donkennedylv

Best to post this in the Windows 10 forum here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997

Bev.

No Events found!