Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 16:00

Dell Latitude 10 Ste upgrade to Window 10

the dell page here shows support for this configuration to windows 10

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN297954?dgc=SM&cid=266889&lid=5129275#Tablets

however when i try to upgrade via the get windows 10 app, it tells me the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator is not compatible. I've gone through all the upgrade scenarios on the Dell pages for the latest drivers/bios etc. Also when the reserve app originally ran, it said my device was fully compatible with no HW or application issues. But on upgrade day it changes its mind. 

Has anyone had any luck performing this upgrade, i've considered downloading the ISO to USB drive from Microsoft to see if it might work to work around this

Thanks in advance for any help.

E

4 Posts

July 30th, 2015 05:00

No luck here either - exactly the same problem on my ST (not STe) indicating that the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator to be the problem.

Additionally the "Computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10" knowledge base page says it has been checked for compatibility, but the product support page says that it has not been tested.

No way that I have found to force the Windows 10 compatibility check to run again either.

4 Posts

July 31st, 2015 05:00

I see that the ST and STe have now been removed from the "Computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10" knowledge base article. At least it is consistent now, however 'not tested' is presumably wrong. "Tested and failed' might be more accurate.

When can we expect to see the updated drivers?

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 08:00

I went ahead and used the MS download utility to USB drive, installed and have had no problems with windows 10.  All the Apps and data transferred fine.  just have to get used to the new GUI now

4 Posts

August 1st, 2015 13:00

Thanks for the update. I might take the risk and try it myself. 

Dell need to get there act together on these issues. It is not as if Windows 10 was sprung on them with no notice!

1 Message

August 3rd, 2015 17:00

Just to let you all know, I took the plunge and updated my ST2 to Win10 using the Media Creation Tool. Seems to be working fine.

4 Posts

August 10th, 2015 11:00

I'm updating a client's Lat10, today, and was searching for success stories.  I saw an article that included creating media with Rufus and heart dropped.  Glad media creation is going to work.  Downloading, now.  Thanks, !r397!

No Events found!