Highlighted
xdrich
1 Copper

Dell Support Assistant Remediation Service and Dell Update Service Errors

I keep getting these errors.  I uninstalled Dell Support Assistant, Dell Support Assistant remediation, and dell update services  and reinstalled them all but the errors keep coming back and I have a feeling something important in the winretools and dellsupport partitions are not getting updated.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Errors for Remediation Service:

[10] ERROR- FindPartObjects() failed to find by both MSFT_PartitionToVolume and find_comp_by_files! #StackInfo#

Errors for DellUpdate Service

[13] ERROR- FindPartObjects() Lable not matched! Target:WINRETOOLS, CurrentSmiley Very HappyELLSUPPORT, Partition:PartitionPos {disk:0, part:6}, curGptTypeStr:{de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac} #StackInfo#

0 Kudos
4 Replies
xdrich
1 Copper

RE: Dell Support Assistant Remediation Service and Dell Update Service Errors

I have the same problem.  The disk and partition are correct and so is the label.

The product just cant seem to write to it.

I have spent a great deal of time on this error considering I believe the product is attempting to make sure the winre and dell support partitions are up to date.

From what I can tell the paritions are set to x27 OEM Utility. which makes them hidden and unmountable in Windows Mount Manager even though utilities like Minitools Parition and Acronis see them fine.

I thought this may be related to the migration I did from the HD to SSD and shrunk the C drive to make room for another parition, but it is the same on the original drive which is factory untouched.

This is poor programming on the part of Dell as you can tell they even cant spell the word LABEL correctly.

My guess is they will need an update.  I suspect this version of Win 10 was an updated version from an earlier 10 or worse from win 8 that they kept building on.  I found way too many errors and bogus SID accounts to believe this is a fresh install of Windows 10.

So this goes out to DELL.  Fix your program please and reply to your customers !

If by chance you have a fix from Dell, please share it, here or PM me.  I would appreciate it.

Regards

Rich.

0 Kudos

I got the same: "[4] ERROR- FindPartObjects() failed to find by both MSFT_PartitionToVolume and find_comp_by_files! #StackInfo#".

sjsilverman
1 Copper

I'm not having this issue, but for those who are, you might consider whether it is related to the (much less annoying) issue that many of us seem to be having with Dell update tool repeadedly installing (or reinstalling) SARemediation (reported as "SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools").  See here: en.community.dell.com/.../20976855

Most recent dell purchased:  XPS 15 9550

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

I was having errors from the Update Service not working.

I then started having errors for the Support Assistant ..

Found the system trying to generate a WerFault and the bottom was very warm so I stopped that process and uninstalled as you did ... but did not reinstall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos