Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2017 10:00

Dell Update Problems - User Account Control

My Computer is configured for two users.  One user is fine, but the other user gets a routine Dell Update notice each time when starting the account.  "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" etc etc.

When entering the password I get a Window's message "Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger.  A windows service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative tool or the NET START command".

I have used the Sustem File Checker Tool but that showed everything to be OK.

Is there an easy way sort this out?

Mike

1 Message

June 26th, 2018 06:00

This is absolutely ridiculous that Dell has not fixed this as of yet.  Just bought a $5000.00 Precision loaded with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD and now I find that Dell has not fixed this one little issue after over 6mo? !!!!!!   What a joke Dell!!  Get to work and start taking care of this or I will stop selling Dell to my clients.  This is terrible!!

4 Posts

June 26th, 2018 07:00

You want to hear something funny in a pathetic funny way.....I called support because of a battery issue and brought up this issue  and they wanted me to speak to their software group to fix this issue.  My laptop is under warranty but speaking with the software team was going to cost me out of pocket.  Brutal.  Terrible, terrible support.

I made a mistake buying from Dell.  Never again. 

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

June 26th, 2018 08:00

Also @peterk7,

If you want to send me your service tag in a PM, I will get feedback to the support team regarding your referral to paid support. 

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

@peterk7,

There's is a work around list here, if you're interested.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

@Community,

If you're having an issue with Support Assist not responding, please see the following: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln311157/dell-supportassist-does-not-respond-following-installation?lang=en

Regarding the User Account Control Pop-up:

The issue should be resolved in Support Assist 3.0. ETA for release is around July 1st. ETA subject to change. 

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

July 2nd, 2018 10:00

@Community,

Support Assist 3.0 has been delayed and there will be a new ETA for that. I will share more updates in the future. 

1 Message

July 2nd, 2018 12:00

Just bought four Latitude 5490 i5's (delivered five days ago) and am having the same problem with all four laptops when signing into the standard user accounts that I have set up.  When contacting Dell Support and explaining the problem, I was requested to pay for the software support as I only have the basic collect and return (hardware) warranty.  This is verging on disgusting considering these laptop are just out of the box! And now having found this forum and realising that it's actually a Dell software issue, it is actually beyond a joke that I was requested to pay for the Dell software support.  The lady that dealt with my issue did try being helpful by sending an email with a potential fix but this didn't work.  So, thank you for your input and fix @shiekhyerbouti.  This seems t have done the job.

Not impressed with the service provided by Dell so far I'm afraid to say.  Hopefully this isn't the start of a regrettable purchase.

@DELL-Justin C, I'll be interested to hear when solid fix is provided for this issue.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

July 3rd, 2018 16:00

@Community,

I need one volunteer who can test a new version of SA in relation to the UAC pop-up concern. If you're interested please PM with your name and service tag.

5 Posts

July 19th, 2018 07:00

Still no response on this long standing problem. Can you please!

2 Posts

January 18th, 2019 13:00

Sorry, I know this is an old thread. Just wanted to say I also have the Inspiron 15 7000 series and have had NOTHING but issues with the damned thing. A year old and they had to replace the motherboard. I'm pretty sure it's going again already too. Replaced less than a year ago. 

73 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 06:00

April 2nd 2019, new Dell G7 17 and have this same issue so obviously this was never fixed.  Also the workaround to make the service run as Administrator makes no difference.  

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 15:00

Support Assist and Dell Update not working.  I get the BSOD when trying to install the latest SupportAssist.  Dell Update finishes the install but will not run.  I get an "Unexpected Error occurred during last action, operation aborted.  What gives?

No Events found!