Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

January 16th, 2019 02:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 - problem with Intel UHD Graphics 630 P630

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 with a DELL dock and a second monitor connected to the dock.

Someone else faces

• "black screen",
  • 1-2 lines up blinking on second monitor (behind DELL Dock)
  • less often internal screen with only vertical lines for some seconds

?

I saw Nothing relevant in my Event Viewer.

I noticed that Intel UHD Graphics 630 P630 is still @ version 24.20.100.6287
Intel propose driver 25.20.100.6471 … but it can't be installed as "driver managed by DELL".

I suppose it's also this old driver which prevents to update to Windows 10 1809

1 Message

January 20th, 2019 01:00

Can not help you, but having the same problems, windows also "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". same driver version as you. One qestion about the "it can't be installed as "driver managed by DELL". Is that the reason that I can not install drivers from Intel itself, that I get a message that those are not for my system?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 20th, 2019 08:00

The "P630" version of the driver was for some incompatibility with a Win 10 version.  You can read about that in the details for the driver.  There is a normal 630 driver available but I cannot comment on it's compatibility with your system.

Display drivers are normally also involved with power options, such as sleep, for that system.

3 Posts

January 21st, 2019 00:00

If I try to download the ltest driver from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/en/download/28514 and launch the setup, it fails because Something like "this driver is managed by DELL" (and not Intel)

1 Message

January 25th, 2019 10:00

I have exactly the same problem.  I have had the new machine for less than a month.  It is maddening if trying to give a presentation which I do all the time.  I am opening a ticket with Dell.

1 Message

March 7th, 2019 10:00

I am experiencing the same issue on all of our new Optiplex 5050's and 5060's. Called Microsoft after trying all repair options available and was told the only resolution was a Reset. Losing all my applications on many computers is not what I would call an option. I can ping the machine after it goes black, so I know the computer is functional. I cannot, however, remote into it. I agree that it's most likely a video driver issue, but after MS pushes out the update, there is no way to update the drivers, so I guess we are **bleep**. Thanks Microsoft! This could take weeks to get everything reinstalled. Dell, we need your help on this now.

No Events found!