Uzmajid
1 Copper

Dell inspiration 3542 stuck on installation.

I was installing windows 10 from ISO image file. While installing laptop's power gone down and when i put it into charger an error message showing that " windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered. Please restart to continue installation." But after restarting same error is coming. Command prompt is not coming from shift+F10 key and F8 key is not working. I don't have any flash drive or dvd. I can make another bootable drive but I don't have another laptop. Please help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nyc10036
3 Zinc

Re: Dell inspiration 3542 stuck on installation.

@Uzmajid wrote:

I was installing windows 10 from ISO image file. While installing laptop's power gone down and when i put it into charger an error message showing that " windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered. Please restart to continue installation." But after restarting same error is coming. Command prompt is not coming from shift+F10 key and F8 key is not working. I don't have any flash drive or dvd. I can make another bootable drive but I don't have another laptop. Please help. 

Nothing to be done.

You need to borrow another PC.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Re: Dell inspiration 3542 stuck on installation.

Can you get into the Bios setup?  If so, is there a boot device menu on which you could choose the flash drive to boot and start over?

I don't know anything about your system, but if it uses an M.2 drive, the type of driver needed for a clean install of Windows may not be available.  Although, it does sound like the power loss messed things up. 

Maybe remove the flash drive to see if it boots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos