Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2015 17:00

Dell inspiron N7110 running Windows 10- severe graphical issues

I have run into an incredibly odd issue with my inspiron n17110 while running windows 10. It appears that the dell drivers are malfunctioning, and the result is not pretty.

The graphic driver is not the issue. Dell's software is. I have eliminated both graphic cards from the cause.

What got me to point the finger at dell is that when I press the physical button on the top right of the base that turns off the screen (sort of like a "force to screensaver") is pressed and then the screen woken up, the issue is immediately resolved. I'm fairly disappointing that a device that is less that 4 years old has still not had a critical issue like this resolved yet.

I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this, and is there any way to fix it for the time being? Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

September 18th, 2015 07:00

ethanz,

Unfortunately, Dell does not have any Windows 10 drivers available for this computer. It has not been tested for the Windows 10 upgrade. You may have issues with the hardware on this computer if you have no Windows 10 drivers.

1 Message

September 26th, 2015 12:00

That is quite unfortunate, indeed, and after owning two Dells that would be the primary reason I think they will be my last.

I am having the exact same issue. It is absurd that a Windows computer with these specs would be obsolete after 4 years. Get off your ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> Dell and bring your fleet of computers up to date.

6 Posts

September 27th, 2015 11:00

I found that pressing the screen sleep button and waking it back up stops the episode. Obviously not enough, but it will help.

3 Posts

March 25th, 2016 18:00

Will Dell fix this?  it's an issue in the Video forum from FazzyBear.  This may be my last Dell after years of buying them (at least 10).  The machine isn;t that old and they don't support Windows 10?  Crazy.  Tablet or Apple, here I come!

1 Message

May 9th, 2018 12:00

I can confirm this on Windows 7 proffesional 64bit.

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 06:00

As of June 2020 the Windows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7 is still available. I decided to upgrade a Dell Inspiron N7110 to a 500GB SSD drive, increase memory to 6GB and install Windows 10. The performance change was amazing. The problem I encountered was severe graphical issues when operating on battery power. The cause was the Intel HD 3000 Graphics interface. The interface offers a power saving option to switch from a refresh rate of 60 to 40 when on battery power. Disabling the option fixed the problem. Here is how to do it:
 1. Go to the System Tray and click the ‘Intel® HD Graphics’ icon
 2. Click ‘Graphics Properties’
 3. Select ‘Advanced Mode’ and click ‘OK’
 4. Click ‘Power’ on the left side of the window
 5. Next to ‘Power Source’ select option ‘On battery’
 6. Deselect ‘Display Refresh Rate Switching’. (When selected, Refresh Rate is 40).

End…

2 Posts

October 9th, 2020 03:00

I've got the same problem with my N7110, I'll give your fix a go. Fingers crossed!

2 Posts

October 10th, 2020 03:00

Thanks Stomback70, I followed your instructions and after 24 hours, the graphics problems seem to be solved! Can't thank you enough.

1 Message

November 26th, 2020 08:00

Your tips worked, so far.

Thank you, @stomback70 and good luck!

No Events found!