Teddy9
1 Nickel

Dell xps 8700 does not go to sleep

I have varied the screen saver settings and find that the screen saver does not always come on, and if it does, it rarely ever triggers the computer to go into sleep mode as I desire it to.  It has gotten worse with the new windows 10 anniversary update.

Appreciate thoughts

0 Kudos
12 Replies

RE: Dell xps 8700 does not go to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to try system restore and enable update notification on the system so if there are any up you will get a notification.

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Teddy9
1 Nickel

I get the dell updates now.  I do not see why system restore is of any value for an issue that is ongoing for months.  

0 Kudos

Hi,

We would suggest you to update the display drivers and check if you have the same issue.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Teddy9
1 Nickel

i had done a while back.  See online - numerous people have this same issue.  what is dell doing about it??

0 Kudos

Hi,

We understand that there is an issue ,however we dont manufacture the operating system,we would suggest you to re-install the operating system.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Teddy9
1 Nickel

That would not be a good use of time.  I guess Dell is not able to see how to fix the issue.  

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have check the same with our product group and re-installing the operating system should help you fix the issues.

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Teddy9,

We are waiting to hear from you .

Thanks

Robin

DELL-Robin D
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Teddy9
1 Nickel

I do not intend to reinstall the operating systgem.  that is too much effort.  There is nothing wrong with that and I suspect there is  a setting that is not working well.  

0 Kudos