Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

40 Posts

August 14th, 2018 03:00

Dimension 9200 clean install

I have a Dell 9200 PC that is running very slowly on W10

After all usual stuff, clearing junk, malware check, defrag etc., still not good enough - as its currently on an old HDD, going to install an SSD for the OS.

Been advised to do a clean install rather than clone across an OS that might have issues.

This SSD will come from another W10 PC  (one I'm using today)   I will install a new larger SSD in this main PC (using Clone SSD software) so that will be easy enough.

I have 2 questions ....

Do I need to wipe or change something on this SSD before I install in the Dell  - is there a boot log or something I need to delete to avoid it trying to boot off this 'wrong OS', or will using install media override that.

The Dell 9200 is currently all working on-line, and therefore full valid W10 licenses ... but I have no license code (was upgrade W200 > W7 >W10)

I had to delay upgrade for months as I could not find admin account password .......... I have now found this, so want to 'protect' myself, against being locked out again after upgrade.

How can I get to view the account & license details, I have full access form admin account.

Just don't want to get the 2 OS versions mixed up and end up being  locked out of PC.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 15th, 2018 03:00

Are you the same person that has posted an identical thread on the tenforums?  Looks like people there are trying to help you.  

The Dimension 9200 is only "officially" supported for Win XP and Vista.  

No Events found!